MAC Championship—Rockets vs Zips @ Ford Field

LZIp

On 11/24/2017 at 7:26 PM, zipsrule said:

It happened in 2005 against Northern Illinois.  We weren't won't supposed to win that one either.  I have a copy of that game (and the following SportsCenter) on my PC that I pulled off my Dish DVR.  I was watching some of it the other day.  Never gets old.

Not the same team. Not the same coach. '05 was a better squad and NIU was not as good as this TU team. Hope the Zips can pull a rabbit out of the hat but who cares? At least we get to go to Detroit.

On 11/26/2017 at 5:09 PM, UA1987 said:

You may be right, but I would do everything possible to screw with Woodside. Blitz 8 to 10 times from all over the place. Make them run with a back and we bend and not break. I hope Kato is ready as I agree with many on this site that he had cobwebs after that takedown last week. He needs to learn how not to take a hit. We can beat Toledo. Target Wolf more and blow up the Rockets.            

Can't blitz that much against these guys. They will hit big plays. Before U no it U are down by 2 TD's. Akron has to score first but its gonna happen if they get a tight end and RB's involved early. Defense will have to play way over its head to win this one. Nelson will have to be more composed than he was against KSOO.

39 minutes ago, Lee Adams said:

Can't blitz that much against these guys. They will hit big plays. Before U no it U are down by 2 TD's. Akron has to score first but its gonna happen if they get a tight end and RB's involved early. Defense will have to play way over its head to win this one. Nelson will have to be more composed than he was against KSOO.

Please read up on the Eastern/Toledo game in the link below. Eastern's defense disrupted Toledo by being in their backfield most of the game. I think this is a good contest to pattern a possible Akron defensive game plan. Woodside is very good (reminds me of Charlie Frye) and the only way to hold him back a bit to be all over him most of the game otherwise he'll throw 5 TD's on the Zips like he did against Akron earlier this year.          

http://www.emueagles.com/news/2017/10/7/football-rockets-outlast-eagles-20-15.aspx?path=football

36 minutes ago, skip-zip said:

This probably means that you were also certain that we were DOOMED when OU scored on the 2nd play from scrimmage when we played them? :D

I am tempted to think we need to score first, too, but I also thought that and other "musta all year only to be wrong.

MAC Bowl conference call with head coaches and 2 players from each team is up. Coney and Gilbert were our 2 players. 

http://getsomemaction.com/news/2017/11/27/listen-marathon-mac-football-championship-teleconference.aspx

I'm looking forward to seeing the money line on this game.

----------------------------------

From the press conference posted above, the most interesting question and answer was, how will you split (QB) reps? "I can't tell you that, because you will know the answer to the previous question." The previous question was, will you name a starter at QB for the game? That answer was "I don't think I will, we could play multiple QBs" I would assume Toledo is expecting Kato. Could there be a surprise? 

From @zipsoutsider above post, coach Bowden will be on here, at 11:30 am. Hopefully, you will be able to listen on demand at the same link. 

Love the green screen. ? I would have put him in Detroit traffic, and had him roll the wheel across the street. 

1 hour ago, kreed5120 said:

I expect a much larger contingent of Rocket fans at the game than I do Akron given their proximity.

I would agree with you that they will have more.  But, they only averaged somewhere in the 17k to 22k range in "announced" attendance during the season at home, so I wouldn't estimate that their core followers are that much larger than ours.  But certainly, 3 hrs. vs. 1 hr. will be a noticeable difference.  

Edited by skip-zip

1 minute ago, skip-zip said:

I would agree with you that they will have more.  But, they only averaged somewhere in the 17k to 22k range in "announced" attendance during the season at home, so I wouldn't estimate that their core followers are that much larger than ours.  But certainly, 3 hrs. vs. 1 hr. will be a noticeable difference.  

Have you been to a Rockets home game lately?