MAC Championship—Rockets vs Zips @ Ford Field

LZIp

8 minutes ago, akzipper said:

Yes, but the Zips should be in this game. But keep shooting themselves in the foot. Benching Nelson, dumb penalties, bad play calls, getting turnovers and doing nothing.

Not trying to be argumentative, but isn't that why we aren't the better team?  Penalties, special teams, QB issues.  

Hope they can make this respectable for the fans, the students, the band... everyone who went up.there.

What channel of the game are you watching so I can turn to it. #confusedstare 

We're laying a big ol' egg on ESPN. No numbers or letters, the big ESPN.

Edited by Spin

If there isn't a major improvement this second half, Bowden just ruined 3 weeks of work trying to save his job. To me, this becomes a Dambrot/Groce situation. Dambrot built a foundation for the program, and hopefully Groce can take us to the next level. Bowden rebuilt this program, but I think it could be time for the next coach to take us to the next level.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, lilroodude said:

If there isn't a major improvement this second half, Bowden just ruined 3 weeks of work trying to save his job. To me, this becomes a Dambrot/Groce situation. Dambrot built a foundation for the program, and hopefully Groce can take us to the next level. Bowden rebuilt this program, but I think it could be time for the next coach to take us to the next level.

100% agree.  Hard to compare sports.  BUT Bowden just seems to do just enough and get lucky enough to hang around.  

Just now, NWAkron said:

100% agree.  Hard to compare sports.  BUT Bowden just seems to do just enough and get lucky enough to hang around.  

Yes. He's done just enough to improve every year. Just enough to take a team that was the worst in college football history to two bowl in three years and to a division title. What a piece of garbage. Why aren't we a top-25 team right now? Is that so difficult for Bowden?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ZachTheZip said:

Yes. He's done just enough to improve every year. Just enough to take a team that was the worst in college football history to two bowl in three years and to a division title. What a piece of garbage. Why aren't we a top-25 team right now? Is that so difficult for Bowden?

It's a good discussion to have.  But I go back to lilroodude and his analysis.  Another tortured comparison would be Ivey is to Dambrot as Cato is to Bowden.  Ivey is thriving under Groce maybe a new coach could develop Cato.  I will await the... bombardment.

3 minutes ago, NWAkron said:

It's a good discussion to have.  But I go back to lilroodude and his analysis.  Another tortured comparison would be Ivey is to Dambrot as Cato is to Bowden.  Ivey is thriving under Groce maybe a new coach could develop Cato.  I will await the... bombardment.

This isn't really the place to discuss basketball, but I don't see Ivey thriving under Groce. I see a player who is being pushed to be the do-it-all star player, and he's trying but isn't comfortable in that role. His numbers are being forced, either by himself or by the design of the coach, and I don't think it's sustainable. I think there's going to be a breakdown somewhere in a month or two.