Game 6—IPFW Mastodons

clarkwgriswold

2 hours ago, lilroodude said:

Well maybe some people should get off their phones an pay attention. @NWAkron :ninja: ;)

I don't blame anyone for not really paying attention, however, to the t-shirt cannon. If the t-shirt doesn't unfurl, it's launched into the rafters, never to be seen again. 

Unless of course you use NWAkron as a backstop!

Edited by clarkwgriswold
  • Haha 1

My son in law works for a small D3 college in Mich and his highlight so far this school year is being the person to choose the new T-shirt cannon.  He got to play with several!  

Good point...the shirt cannon killed Maude Flanders.

MaudeTshirt-619-386.jpg

• Like 1

On 12/7/2017 at 10:37 AM, zippyfan34 said:

I need to find the contest people so that I can do the pizza fire and win it for everyone.  Tired of them picking people who can't even come close.

Also, anyone know how the Wentz halfcourt shot is chosen?  Do you have to sign up somewhere?  They seem to call peoples names as opposed to a ticket #.  

I hope that is the last dunk contest we ever see.  I just saw today that you need to check your ticket bar code at half time to see if you have won the chance to shoot.  You would think that after a whole season of nobody winning the pizza contest that they would  change it this year.  The only one that came close to winning the pizzas was the president of the U, he had to make the money ball to win and threw up an airball.  

• 2 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, LZIp said:

IPFW just beat the fighting Archie Millers in Bloomington by TWENTY points.

Wow. I wonder if Indiana is happy with their decision of relieving Tom Crean of his duties. I know it takes time to install a system and rebuild a program, but one would think the foundation at Indiana would be at least higher than IPFW. That's 2 blow-out losses to in-state schools this year for Indiana, with neither of the in-state schools they've lost to named Notre Dame or Purdue.

2 minutes ago, zippy5 said:

OSU hosted OU a year or two ago. I'm not so sure that's a correct statement

I said they would never schedule us, and we've tried hard for years. 

However, the OU game has already been discussed here.  They scheduled them when they knew they were going to have a down year, and a few others over the years at strategically appropriate times.  It's been a long time since we've had a season where it would put us in that category.  That's why I said in another thread that I wouldn't be surprised if they scheduled us now.   

Groce should hire him next time he has an opening on his staff.  If Brian makes that 12 foot jump shot in the finals, Akron gets to the big dance, Ohio does not win any games in the NCAA tournament, and Groce never gets to Illinois.  That missed jump shot made him a rich man.  

Also, Brian was one of the first Akron guards who could rebound, play good defense and always played smart.  He would be a great asset.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, 1981 grad said:

Groce should hire him next time he has an opening on his staff.  If Brian makes that 12 foot jump shot in the finals, Akron gets to the big dance, Ohio does not win any games in the NCAA tournament, and Groce never gets to Illinois.  That missed jump shot made him a rich man.  

I'll be sure and tell that to coach Groce when I meet him tomorrow.  Or not...  :thumb:

• 2 months later...
On 12/7/2017 at 2:01 PM, clarkwgriswold said:

Unless of course you use NWAkron as a backstop!

Doesn't this seem like a lifetime ago!!  What a long season this has been.  At risk of sounding like a Kitten Attacker,  because of all this crazy adversity I feel like I know or understand this team better than those years past.

My biggest worry back then was avoiding getting torpedoed by the T-shirt cannon.  Sunrise. Sunset.

17 hours ago, NWAkron said:

Doesn't this seem like a lifetime ago!!  What a long season this has been.  At risk of sounding like a Kitten Attacker,  because of all this crazy adversity I feel like I know or understand this team better than those years past.

My biggest worry back then was avoiding getting torpedoed by the T-shirt cannon.  Sunrise. Sunset.

Sure was a season of unfamiliar emotions.

17 hours ago, NWAkron said:

I was still worried about that t-shirt cannon all the way through last night. :(