Boca Raton Bowl–Zips @ Owls

Balsy

35 minutes ago, lilroodude said:

I don't believe the matchup had much to do with the blow out. I don't think FAU is 50-3 better than us. I think our preparation was pitiful with the play-calling equally abysmal.

Additionally, how many people do you think are actually watching that game? 

I think FAU would give Penn State a better game than we did 

1 hour ago, LZIp said:

Why couldn't we have drew UAB? Ohio is up 41-6 on them in the 4th right now. The jackass announcers just did the OH-IO chant...

Have you ever been to an OU sporting event in Athens?  They do it all game long.  

The jackasses are the people in Columbus, who are Ohio STATE, and insist that they are O-H-I-O.

• Like 1

I understand that a player's safety is becoming increasingly important in football, which, obviously is a good thing. With that being said,  I have no idea what the targeting rule is in college. I suppose I'm jaded. As far as I can tell (from watching every Zips game since they instituted the rule), any time an Akron player makes any kind of hit that could be close to anything described above, they get flagged, and ejected. When it happens to an Akron player, not so much. As the hit happened, I turned to an Akron cameraman and said "that's targeting, and an ejection in Akron, I can't believe that's not even a flag here"...he responded, "they just threw the flag." I have heard multiple times, "the officials are erring on the side of caution when it comes to targeting." At the very least, they didn't do that. At some point and time of my life, I would like to ask Alvin what he thought of that call. I'll have a guess he can describe it with two letters from the alphabet.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Dr Z said:

At some point and time of my life, I would like to ask Alvin what he thought of that call.

I bet he was livid when they overturned it.  I feel bad for him.  He missed plenty of action this season for situations that were much milder, and far more questionable than what we saw on this play on Tuesday.  

Some of the posts above describe the college rule, if you want to read it.  

1 hour ago, dre22era said:

Yall really in here arguing over a targeting call rule thats been inconsistent all season. 

This is exactly why people are upset.  We've had multiple players thrown out of games this season because of a lot less.  This time, it happened to us, was reviewed, and declared not to be targeting.  Based on the way Zips fans have seen targeting called this season, this should have been a clear ejection.

2 hours ago, lilroodude said:

I don't believe the matchup had much to do with the blow out. I don't think FAU is 50-3 better than us. I think our preparation was pitiful with the play-calling equally abysmal.

Additionally, how many people do you think are actually watching that game? 

If you remember we didn't practice.

13 hours ago, FAU Connoisseur said:

Right from the NCAA rule book:

1.  Making “forcible contact against an opponent with the helmet crown,” or the top of the tackler’s head.

2.  Making “forcible contact to the head or neck area of a defenseless opponent.”

He led with his shoulder and it was below the opponents shoulders.  NO crown of the helmet; no forcible contact to the head or neck.  It was a late hit.  A late hit doesn't make it Targeting Foul.  The correct penalty was called.  I guess its time to strap on the flag's around the waist.  

Being faster and more physical than your team doesn't make us dirty.  But think what you need to get through the off-season.

You show about as much class as your players and your coach.  I was thinking a rulebook with pictures included might help FAU fans and players but apparently pictures are not even clear enough for you since this one show your player's helmet hitting first.  Your dumbass argument is he led with his shoulder but genius, if you look at the picture you CLEARLY see the head and neck turning sideways and shoulders are still back.

The fact you would even argue something like this is pathetic.

Edited by a-zip
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, LZIp said:

Kendal Briles (OC) was hired away from FAU to Houston. I predict a BIG dip in offensive production by FAU next season if the offense reverts to anything like it was when Kiffin was at Tenn/USC/Bama.

FAU will be just fine.  They have A.J. Milwee on their short list of replacements to take their offense to the next level.