MAC 2017-2018

zippyfan34

1 hour ago, ewbrooman1 said:

Current posting by MAC FYI. Looks like we would play at Eastern in first round. Lots of games to play, though.

FB_IMG_1518360789385.jpg

At EMU? It's been so long since I've had to pay attention to the non-Cleveland portion of the MAC Tournament, I forget how the seeding works. 

Edit: After some research to refresh my memory, 5-8 all host the first round games. For some reason, I thought seeds 5 and 6 still went to the Q automatically. 

Edited by Let'sGoZips94

It would appear that more Miami loses are our only chance of still having a shot to finish outside the Bottom 4, and we still have a remaining home game against them.  

Does anyone know what the tiebreaker is between Akron and OU?  If we end up in the 12th spot, I actually like that we'd be able to take some of our own fans right down the street and play at Kent again.  

Edited by skip-zip
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, skip-zip said:

It would appear that more Miami loses are our only chance of still having a shot to finish outside the Bottom 4, and we still have a remaining home game against them.  

Does anyone know what the tiebreaker is between Akron and OU?  If we end up in the 12th spot, I actually like that we'd be able to take some of our own fans right down the street and play at Kent again.  

I believe the tie breaker after head to head, is winning percentage against conference opponent ranked 1 thru 12. In other words, both us and ou are winless against Buffalo Toledo and Ball State so we hold the tie breaker for having a win against BG. 

• Thanks 1

That could be a weird final game if the scenario is:  If we win we go to Kalamazoo if we lose we go to Kent.  Obviously, beating Kent and taking the momentum to Hawkins and the Broncos I think would be the preferred choice.  I'm thinking Kent's going to lose in Athens on Tuesday.  NIU (playing Ball State twice) and Central both have brutal schedules these last four games.  If we can win 3 out of the next four maybe, just maybe we can get that home game.  And Eastern has to play Toledo twice, so they might be looking at bottom 4 as well.

It would actually be noting new to play Kent the last game of the season, and then play them again a few days later in the Tournament. 

Unfortunately, those games were always in Cleveland, and not at Kent. 

I don't know.  I just like the idea of being able to go to the game in close proximity in the middle of the week.  And Kent is certainly not unbeatable.  

• Like 1

Since Buffalo choked AGAIN tonight at Miami, we need to hope the either Kent, Miami, or BG loses all of their remaining games, and we win 2 of 3.  BG has two away games and a home game with Buffalo.  We would have the tiebreaker with them CMU and NIU.  Kittens being the wildcard in that scenario.

It may be a bit too early to see the scenarios clearly, but I thought I would bring this up.

If we find a way to beat Miami today, and can avenge the loss to Kent as well on 3/2, we'd finish with a 7-11 record.  So, what else would need to happen for us to still have a chance at the #8 Seed?  I know multiple teams need multiple losses, but has anyone who knows the tiebreakers, etc., attempted to map this out?

I think first either Bowling Green, Kent, or Miami need to lose the last three games or we need to win our last 3 games  If we finish 8-11, we are set.  At 7-11, we need a lot of help and a team to totally collapse.  The best option is for BGSU to lose their last three games.  Unfortunately, we need to count on PCCC to beat them tonight which is well... you know.

Edited by NWAkron

I think the picture is clearer now.  

The only team that's still reachable and currently sitting in a Top 8 spot is Bowling Green, and they have to lose their last two games, we have to win our last two games, and we get the spot in front of them because of the tiebreaker. 

And winning those last 2 games guarantees that we'd also be in front of Central and Northern for that 8th spot, since we own the head-to-head tiebreaker over them.

That would only leave OU (we split with them) as the only other team that could get that spot, depending on the tiebreaker with them.  

So, if we lose to Buffalo this week, we are definitely going to be somewhere between 9 and 12 and have a road game next Monday, no matter what happens anywhere else as the season comes to an end. 

I think that's right.  

• Like 1