MAC 2017-2018

zippyfan34

16 minutes ago, UAZip0510 said:

Ball State just lost to NIU and potentially cost themselves the #4 seed.  Wow.

So:

If Western Michigan beats Central Michigan, Western gets the #4 seed and #10 Akron will travel to #7 Miami.

If Central Michigan beats Western Michigan, Akron is the #11 seed and will travel to #6 Western Michigan.

Oh boy.

So, with NIU's win, there could be a 4 way tie for last place between Akron, NIU, Ohio, and Central.  

So, how would that shake out?  I know we win 2 of those tiebreakers, but what the heck is the tiebreaker for a 4-way tie?

I know.  This is crazy.  I just wish I could make an understandable scenario to see where we play on Monday.  

2 minutes ago, skip-zip said:

Oh boy.

So, with NIU's win, there could be a 4 way tie for last place between Akron, NIU, Ohio, and Central.  

So, how would that shake out?  I know we win 2 of those tiebreakers, but what the heck is the tiebreaker for a 4-way tie?

I know.  This is crazy.  I just wish I could make an understandable scenario to see where we play on Monday.  

OU is 7-11 so they are ahead of the other three you listed.  Unless I'm wrong it's either Miami or WM for us.

5 minutes ago, UAZip0510 said:

OU is 7-11 so they are ahead of the other three you listed.  Unless I'm wrong it's either Miami or WM for us.

I hadn't seen that OU got their 7th win.  So you're right.  It can only be a 3 way tie for the last 3 spots.  

If you're right about the matchup being Miami or WMU, I'll take the shorter trip to Oxford.  

Thanks for that !!  I was hoping to be able to have the possibilities clarified before Saturday.  

I'd rather play Miami vs. Western.

I'd also rather play Miami vs. Western because of the shorter travel.

But, I wonder if WMU's game being delayed would give us a little advantage to be able to play them on short rest?

On a side note:  Buffalo might have just laid down the "We Ain't Messin Around Anymore" gauntlet tonight.  It will be interesting to see.  I know several people here thought that they were lethargically coasting into the tournament.  

14 minutes ago, ewbrooman1 said:

Both scenarios based on CMU-WMU matchup on Saturday. Just posted on Facebook by the MAC.FB_IMG_1520051541297.jpgFB_IMG_1520051532591.jpg

In case you guys haven't seen yet, the WMU-CMU game has been moved to Northwood University at 11 am tomorrow. Only family members are allowed to attend.

5 minutes ago, ewbrooman1 said:

In case you guys haven't seen yet, the WMU-CMU game has been moved to Northwood University at 11 am tomorrow. Only family members are allowed to attend.

So, both teams are are packing up and traveling to DETROIT to play this game?  How bizarre !!

25 minutes ago, ewbrooman1 said:

Deleted.  Answer above!  :rolleyes:

Edited by Z.I.P.

5 hours ago, ewbrooman1 said:

So some time around 1:00pm today someone will emerge from the arena with news as to who won.  

When I go look at those projected seedings again, based on the outcome of that game, I see something that's pretty crazy for a final game. 

If CMU wins, they are #8 and get a home game against a bad BG team that's in an absolute tailspin right now. 

If they lose, they slip all the way to #11 and have to travel all the way to Kent for a road game. 

Wow.  That's quite a big difference for the outcome on one game.  We'll see if that motivates them.  

WMU's situation might even be nearly as important.  They are playing for the chance to not have to play at all on Monday.  

Edited by skip-zip

1 hour ago, NWAkron said:

So if all goes according to plan (and it will), we are set up for an epic quarterfinal battle between the two best bigs in the MAC:   Mark Kostelac v James Thompson V !!

Someone saw Clark already camped out at the Verizon store in Macedonia.

We can neither confirm nor deny this rumor.