Three For Thursday [Season Win Totals]

Dr Z

Wins  

36 members have voted

1. 1. How many wins will the team have this year?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/16/2017 at 04:00 AM

• Dr Z pinned this topic

It's still so hard to say how these teams we play will stack up to our conference opponents.  I just hope the top teams in our league this year aren't as good as 2017 Dayton or 2017 Marshall.   And I pray that the lower half of the teams in our league are no better than Cleveland State and Tennessee-Martin.  

2 hours ago, clarkwgriswold said:

I think they're above .500, but not a lot. 

I'm with you.  I'll be happy if they can find a way to get more wins than losses.  

16 is about right. Let's See if I have this right , the K.K.D.Bashers (NW Akron, Lilroodude and others claim he had no out-of-bounds play, didn't use his time outs properly,didn't develop any top players, recruited players who were not athletic enough, yanked players who were having a hot hand, and my favorite, didn't let his assistant coaches coach) , so I don't see how we ever had all those 21 win seasons and played in all those MAC titles games ,must have  been pure luck.  Since the coaching is SO much better, we should easily surpass those numbers.

27 minutes ago, zipnetter55 said:

16 is about right. Let's See if I have this right , the K.K.D.Bashers (NW Akron, Lilroodude and others claim he had no out-of-bounds play, didn't use his time outs properly,didn't develop any top players, recruited players who were not athletic enough, yanked players who were having a hot hand, and my favorite, didn't let his assistant coaches coach) , so I don't see how we ever had all those 21 win seasons and played in all those MAC titles games ,must have  been pure luck.  Since the coaching is SO much better, we should easily surpass those numbers.

I have been critical of some of those things, yet I appreciate all that KD did for UA basketball.

I'm not more going to assume Groce has a high win total based upon the quality of his coaching than I am going to assume KD will have 20 wins plus in his first year at Duquesne.  They're both in transition years.

Edited by clarkwgriswold

1 hour ago, zipnetter55 said:

Yes, of course :rolleyes: and I'm honored that someone reads my posts at all.

Edited by NWAkron
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

I went over 20 based on the improved guard play.  I believe our guards are much better than last year.  I really like Duviver's play,  We have guards that are quick, strong and can rebound.  They are also able to fight through high screens.    If Poke becomes a factor and can repeat his performance from Wed. I think this team will have no problem hitting 20.  I do not think the MAC will be that strong.

Poll closes (for the season) this Friday at 11 pm, before the next (Saturday) game. 

The Zips will have 7 wins (my best guess) going into MAC play with at least 19 more games to get 13 wins if they were to get to 20 wins on the season.

6 hours ago, Illini Zip said:

I went with 16-19 just because they are young and have yet to muster the intensity necessary to defend consistently and win on the road. That said, 20+ would not surprise me at all. The talent is there to win 20+. This will be my first trip around the MAC so let's go beat the kitties and can't state. : )

You're officially one of us!

• Like 1

I think 15 on the nose.  I too think we'll have 7 Ws going iinto MAC play, but then the bottom will begin to fall out, not completely, but I think we only win 8 MAC games.  Now I'm talking regular season here....Hope I'm wrong though, as I'm really starting to like these guys and pulling a little harder for them than normal, because I know they're being judged a little harsher since KD left, not from the Board members but from the casual fan, and that sometimes gets back to the fellars and they get a little tighter....

26 a on 34 fg

with this rag/tag group, I would have expected more of a YMCA style.  I think they are improving individually and as a team each game. I love the zone being thrown into the mix..  I don't think we will need to wait until next year to see results.  We may not win the MAC, but we won't be bottom dwellers.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, lilroodude said:

You're officially one of us!

Thanks! Nothing like a little shameless pandering to the base to bump up your profile, right?! Ha! I already bought in emotionally, Griswold will now have to tell me where I buy in literally. I expect the handshake will come sometime after I reach Zip Junkie status.

Edited by Illini Zip
  • Like 1