Hawaiian Airlines Diamond Head Classic

Z.I.P.

9 hours ago, LZIp said:

#13 isn't Toles yet is it?

No. But I almost posted last night saying I've no idea who he's talking about. :/  

It's gotta be that walk-on that some assistant coaches saw playing pick up ball in the rec center, no?

By the way, how bush-league does that sound?^^  Crazy :lol:

Edited by Blue & Gold

20 minutes ago, Blue & Gold said:

No. But I almost posted last night saying I've no idea who he's talking about. :/  

It's gotta be that walk-on that some assistant coaches saw playing pick up ball in the rec center, no?

haha....it does sound bush league. I did play against some players at the rec though in my time that I would have swore were on the team. Size and skill...

21 minutes ago, Blue & Gold said:

I'm assuming it's Hester

3 minutes ago, NWAkron said:

The walk on is on the roster.

The only walk-on I see listed on the roster are McCintyre and Sina. Neither are listed as #13 nor coming from JUCO.

2 minutes ago, zippy5 said:

I'm assuming it's Hester

Maybe. Though he isn't a JUCO transfer and he is listed as #2 online.

Edited by LZIp

9 minutes ago, LZIp said:

The only walk-on I see listed on the roster are McCintyre and Sina. Neither are listed as #13 nor coming from JUCO.

Maybe. Though he isn't a JUCO transfer and he is listed as #2 online.

Ahh didn't catch he said JUCO. Last time I checked, Hester wasn't on the roster. Who knows 

The JUCO walkon is Lucas SMith, however his # per the stats is 25 not 13 (there is no 13).  But for practice jerseys, maybe either he or Hester were wearing 13.  My guess would be that it was Smith as I am sure Z.I.P. probably talked to coaches there were they mentioned the story about seeing him at the rec.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, NWAkron said:

OMG will someone please fly to Honolulu and figure this out!  Obviously, Z.I.P. needs to be taken off the case 

I offered to go in the soccer thread, but Z.I.P. never came through with the ticket, like I asked...

11 hours ago, zippyfan34 said:

The JUCO walkon is Lucas SMith, however his # per the stats is 25 not 13 (there is no 13).  But for practice jerseys, maybe either he or Hester were wearing 13.  My guess would be that it was Smith as I am sure Z.I.P. probably talked to coaches there were they mentioned the story about seeing him at the rec.

Fan34 wins the award.  I just checked the MVSU stats myself, and saw he wore #25 in the game.  Lucas is wearing the #13 jersey in practice.  Hester, Jackson and the other transfer are not allowed to travel (sad for them!) -- maybe there's an extra practice singlet...?? 

Practice right now, then we're walk-thruing in Stan Sheriff Center Arena.  The game Friday is expected to start about 2:50 HST 7:50 EST depending on the end of game 1. 

After thought:  The players were all wearing different numbers in practice than their game jersies.  They must grab whatever they can find.

GoZips!!!

Edited by Z.I.P.
  • Like 1

The first installment of Joe Dunn's TV show was on last night.  Groce really made a nice impression.  He came across as an intense hardworking guy who really cares about his players.  The production of the show was not very good as they kept showing clips of the wrong players.  There were some great clips of Utomi during the discussion of E-Man and great clips of E-Man during the Utomi discussion.  Hopefully, those who work on the show know the difference and just had a bad night.

1 hour ago, clarkwgriswold said:

The first installment of Joe Dunn's TV show was on last night.  Groce really made a nice impression.  He came across as an intense hardworking guy who really cares about his players.  The production of the show was not very good as they kept showing clips of the wrong players.  There were some great clips of Utomi during the discussion of E-Man and great clips of E-Man during the Utomi discussion.  Hopefully, those who work on the show know the difference and just had a bad night.

I just talked with Joe this morning.  First thing he asked was if I was able to get his Coaches Show in Hawai'i.  lol  Yes -- Coach Groce is at first impression a real go-getter who does nothing but care for and about the welfare of this team and its players.  Joe said that his show should be available on GoZips.com -- But I have never seen a link.  Maybe I just wasn't looking in the right place.  Anyone seen a link to the show?  Maybe its on YouTube. 

I see it is on again Friday night at 6:00 on Sportstime Ohio.  Can't find it anywhere else.

Must See TV tomorrow night.

Thanks, Clark...have a happy Christmas.  I hope you get that Christmas bonus and that your in-laws don't show up unannounced in a Winnebago.  Oh, and I hope there isn't a squirrel living in your Christmas tree.

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, Z.I.P. said:

Joe said that his show should be available on GoZips.com -- But I have never seen a link.  Maybe I just wasn't looking in the right place.  Anyone seen a link to the show?  Maybe its on YouTube. 

It should show up here, like all the Terry Bowden shows. (the gozips.com links to this site)

If anybody is still in south Florida, I plan on watching the game outside at Monty's Sunset. Show up early for the sunset, it's worth it. Food is average, band tonight is good, I have seen them on multiple occasions. Go Zips!

54 minutes ago, LZIp said:

And they got Oregon state to come to the MAC center :thumb:

Last week, I received a robo-call from Portage County Community College head basketball coach Mr. Pinky inviting me to the Oregon State game and telling me all of the wonderful things they were doing in conjunction with the game.  Not sure how I am on their call list (I'm no traitor!), but that's an interesting approach by their marketing department.

Last week, I received a robo-call from Portage County Community College head basketball coach Mr. Pinky inviting me to the Oregon State game and telling me all of the wonderful things they were doing in conjunction with the game.  Not sure how I am on their call list (I'm no traitor!), but that's an interesting approach by their marketing department.

I received the same call. I am assuming that they called anyone who has ever purchased tickets through their athletic department. For example, I always buy tickets when the Zips play at MAC center. Worst phone call of my life.

42 minutes ago, feetg10 said:

I received the same call. I am assuming that they called anyone who has ever purchased tickets through their athletic department. For example, I always buy tickets when the Zips play at MAC center. Worst phone call of my life.

Speaking of buying tickets at Kent, I bought tickets to the Akron Kent game last week at Kent and they still had a few seat back seats left if anyone is interested.