Hawaiian Airlines Diamond Head Classic

Z.I.P.

Well, I was hoping for a win or two in Hawaii, but in the end I keep hearing Dennis Green's rant "they are what we thought they were."  Young, short handed and too thin at the bigs.  A .500 or slightly better team.

The zone troubles have been obvious all season. They were just magnified in Hawaii.  Way too much dribbling and not enough movement.  I trust Groce and his staff to work it out.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, clarkwgriswold said:

The zone troubles have been obvious all season. They were just magnified in Hawaii.  Way too much dribbling and not enough movement.  I trust Groce and his staff to work it out.

Yeah.   Cotton started to remind me of Noah when he just dribbled into oblivion or that Ohio guard Simmons who dribbled out the final moments against Kent.

A lot of insightful comments , I agree that we only have 2 1/22 players we can count on and that we sure could have used the 4 players sitting out. Realisticly, we will likely finish in the bottom half of the M.A.C ,but should be much improved next season.  To me, Poke is just not a factor on offense against a decent team, better off the bench, Sayles looks like he could develop. By the way, the 2 players who went with K.D.  we're non factors , no real loss there. Hoping for improvement tonite.

14 hours ago, UAZip0510 said:

Antino's attitude would've been awful in a transition year. 

That's if you assume that some people would still be lamenting so much about "transition" or "rebuilding", if Antino (and maybe Noah) were still here.  

The 2012-2013 OU Bobcats, who changed to Christian as their coaches, still had plenty of experienced players and had a 24 win season.    

Maybe with those guys still here, Groce would have been able to attract a big man to replace the Big Dog right away.  Who knows.  But I think we still would have had enough pieces to be pretty good this year.  It's the friggin MAC, guys.