Game 12—Concord Mountain Lions

clarkwgriswold

The 8-3 Concord Mountain Lions come into the JAR this Friday to meet the Zips fresh off of their Hawaii trip.  In their three losses is a 106-70 loss to common opponent Marshall.  The team doesn't seem to have much size with their biggest players at 6-6.  6-1 Junior guard and Chillicothe native Tommy Bolte leads the Mountain Lions.  Bolte is the only player in the nation with multiple 40 point games this season (3), and is averaging 34.1 points per game at the Christmas break. The team averages 81.5 ppg and gives up 77.1.

5 minutes ago, NWAkron said:

I like their mascot.  The excitement is building.

I wish they were the Grapes.  Adrian College rejected my request for them to become the Barbeaus, but I have hope that I can get UT Chattanooga to become the Choo Choos.  These places are passing up great marketing opportunities!  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, clarkwgriswold said:

I wish they were the Grapes.  Adrian College rejected my request for them to become the Barbeaus, but I have hope that I can get UT Chattanooga to become the Choo Choos.  These places are passing up great marketing opportunities!  

The Adrian Barbeaus...ugh.  I think the "Yo Adrians" would be much better.

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Blue & Gold said:

School's out, it's going to be -100 degrees out and we're playing Concord.  Anyone venturing out to the game?  The crowd is going to be nonexistent.

Ugh.  I'm going.  Of course, when our first two conference games are away we won't notice our band being absent.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Blue & Gold said:

School's out, it's going to be -100 degrees out and we're playing Concord.  Anyone venturing out to the game?  The crowd is going to be nonexistent.

Not to mention Ohio State plays USC in the Cotton Bowl tonight at 8:30. I may pass on Concord.

Edited by ewbrooman1

13 hours ago, Blue & Gold said:

Nope. Done with small schools. Like the schedule so far this year but passing on this one. Will be half-watching on ESPN3 with Frenchy and Joe in the background.

3 votes here for the Barbeaus - one each for smile, eyes and well ... .

25 minutes ago, zipsrule said:

I'm brining the family this evening.

Wow.  Sounds like a rough holiday season at your place.  How big a pot do you need for the entire family?  Or do you do it one at a time?  Mother in law first?

Brining is a process similar to marination in which meat is soaked in brine before cooking. Salt is added to cold water in a container, where the meat is soaked anywhere from 30 minutes to a few days.

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, NWAkron said:

Wow.  Sounds like a rough holiday season at your place.  How big a pot do you need for the entire family?  Or do you do it one at a time?  Mother in law first?

Brining is a process similar to marination in which meat is soaked in brine before cooking. Salt is added to cold water in a container, where the meat is soaked anywhere from 30 minutes to a few days.

Holy crap.  The definition makes it so much funnier.

1 hour ago, NWAkron said:

I totally missed that.  I could edit it to fix it, but it is so much funnier this way.  For the record, I will be bringing them and not brining them.  ;)