Game 13—@Western Michigan

clarkwgriswold

56 minutes ago, skip-zip said:

Then lets just talk about the recruits who came to OU right after their first NCAA Tournament "run" in 2010, since that covers the Groce era.  That experienced NCAA tournament group, along with their new recruits, did't even make it past the Quarterfinals in the MAC the following year, while Akron went all the way to the Title Game, and won.  In addition, when that core group of OU stars were Seniors, they got absolutely spanked by the Zips in the title game, playing without a point guard.  

I'm addressing one thing here.  Your flawed assertion that winning in an NCAA tournament game is the overwhelming difference-maker in recruiting.  

Skip they went to the damn Sweet Sixteen the year after that.

• Like 1

My beef is with the MAC Conference which I despise 
I hate our conference because the powers that be NEVER speak up for us when warranted

so to me its discouraging when we go 26-9 choke in the Conference Chip and not even be considered a "Bubble Team". 

We have only made the NCAA Tourney 4 times and 0-4 yet we have had 11 straight 20+ win seasons. 

Give a A-10 team for example those records and they are dancing. 

I HATE THE MAC which I believe is basically on the level of the MEAC in regards to notoriety when it comes to Basketball 

Edited by dre22era

10 hours ago, lilroodude said:

I covered this in a previous post by mentioning the majority of schools that have made tournament runs had coaching changes. The same applies to OU. Ask Caris Levert why he committed to OU before decommitting and going to Michigan when Groce left for Illinois. 

The name Caris Levert does sound familiar.  :(

15 hours ago, dre22era said:

My beef is with the MAC Conference which I despise 
I hate our conference because the powers that be NEVER speak up for us when warranted

so to me its discouraging when we go 26-9 choke in the Conference Chip and not even be considered a "Bubble Team". 

We have only made the NCAA Tourney 4 times and 0-4 yet we have had 11 straight 20+ win seasons. 

Give a A-10 team for example those records and they are dancing. 

I HATE THE MAC which I believe is basically on the level of the MEAC in regards to notoriety when it comes to Basketball 

You're dead right that the MAC sucks. But you can't hate the MAC our lack of tournament success/notoriety. If an A-10 team posts the records we have in the last 11 years, of course they're dancing. Their conference is worth a damn and their wins would be quality. This is why the OOC scheduling discussion is so prevalent. The MAC doesn't help us, but we never did ourselves any favors by not scheduling more quality programs.

• Like 1

On 1/3/2018 at 4:10 PM, Akronfan111 said:

We havent seen what he can do cuz he ain't getting no minutes.  I see a huge upside with this guy.  Athletic 6'11" don't come around every day and we need to use it instead of waiting to get nothing from our other big men and down by 20+.  All the bags get yanked after a foul - tight leashes

You remind me a little bit of my sister who thinks if a player wants more game time he should sit closer to the coach on the bench.  Do you think it's possible he isn't getting minutes because he hasn't impressed during practice? 

I'm not sure what bag yanking has to do with your point, but if I was on the team I would make an extra effort to protect my bag.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

• Dr Z changed the title to Game 13—@Western Michigan