Game 14—@Toledo

On 12/22/2017 at 11:50 PM, zipnetter55 said:

Gee, I wonder what happened to all those great out-of-bounds plays, those timely timeout calls, or that player movement without the ball?  What I see is the same reliance on 3 point shooting and being out-manned by a power 5 team,and K.Ds teams didn't usually fold like that in the second half. As I stated in earlier posts, I support Groce, he was a good hire thrust into a tough situation, so enjoy the season without constantly bashing Dambrot?

This is just a bad defensive team. 

Would be better off playing zone most of the time. Also would help W-man not getting into foul trouble

I know this topic has likely been covered at some point and it doesn't belong in this thread. But since it's slow today maybe some of you will humor me and answer my questions about Lepear Toles. He is from your general area, has anybody watched him play in person, thoughts? I think he's a steal from the clips I see. There is no way he is a 2 star prospect in my opinion. He is 6'-6" with smooth guard skills. I see him playing 1 through 3, possibly the 4. Groce has used shooting guards and small forwards to initiate the offense in the past so it's not an impossibility for him to play the point. Tony Carr at Penn State, point guard - 6'-5", is a nightmare for small guards. Also, does anyone know why Toles went the military academy and junior college route? Grades perhaps? Did he have any good offers coming out of high school? Finally, does he have 3 years of eligibility left starting next year?

I would appreciate any feedback, thanks.

2 hours ago, Illini Zip said:

I know this topic has likely been covered at some point and it doesn't belong in this thread. But since it's slow today maybe some of you will humor me and answer my questions about Lepear Toles. He is from your general area, has anybody watched him play in person, thoughts? I think he's a steal from the clips I see. There is no way he is a 2 star prospect in my opinion. He is 6'-6" with smooth guard skills. I see him playing 1 through 3, possibly the 4. Groce has used shooting guards and small forwards to initiate the offense in the past so it's not an impossibility for him to play the point. Tony Carr at Penn State, point guard - 6'-5", is a nightmare for small guards. Also, does anyone know why Toles went the military academy and junior college route? Grades perhaps? Did he have any good offers coming out of high school? Finally, does he have 3 years of eligibility left starting next year?

I would appreciate any feedback, thanks.

There might be some answers here.

• Dr Z changed the title to Game 14—@Toledo