Game 15—Buffalo Bulls

The 9-5 Buffalo Bulls (going into the 1/6 Ball St. game) come into the JAR Tuesday night to open up the Zips’ home MAC season.  The Bulls opened the MAC season by beating Toledo 104-94 at home.  Their record is a little deceiving as they’ve had close losses to Syracuse, Cincinnati and Rhode Island.  6 foot Missouri transfer senior guard Wes Clark and 6-3 junior guard C.J. Massinburg lead the Bulls scoring at 21 ppg.  Massinburg also leads rebounding at 7.9 ppg.  Buffalo was voted as the top team in the East in the MAC pre-season poll, receiving 24 of the 30 first place votes.  Massinburg and junior Nick Persons were named to the pre-season All- MAC East squad.

19 hours ago, lilroodude said:

Buffalo beat Ball State today by 20 in Muncie. 

Considering how Hurley has already turned ASU around, I don't miss him at all. 

He's just such an angry 4 year old that I loved yelling at him.   He's awfully successful however.

Edited by clarkwgriswold

On 1/7/2018 at 3:09 PM, clarkwgriswold said:

He's just such an angry 4 year old that I loved yelling at him.   He's awfully successful however.

He was also a great coach.  In Antino's first year, we lost Robotham to injury and we had to win 5 games in 6 days to win the MAC.  Antino played his best ball of the year (maybe his career) and we won our first 3 games including a win over Kent at the Q.  We played Buffalo in the semi final and Hurley put full court pressure on Antino when he brought up the ball.  It wore him out and he was ineffective and Akron lost.