2018 Zips Representing the USA

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

It would be great to see Wil get a great deal of playing time on March 27

somewhat related point....of the players selected for this USMNT game...only 6 of the players played soccer in college

of those 6, 3 of them played their soccer for the zips.

https://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2018/03/21/wil-trapp-eager-step-hungry-driven-young-us-national-team

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, tpsjugglerdude said:

I went to the game tonight and loved seeing 3 Zips start and get lots of playing time. Last time I was in this stadium Darlington had an Akron jersey on. At the end of the first half Bobby Wood shot a PK and I had flashbacks of horror from the last time I was here, but luckily this PK went in 

Awesome! I was there last night, too. So great to have all 3 former Zips start, and 2 go full time with Nagbe subbed out very late. It was well worth the 8 hour drive each way!

3rd time I saw Darlington play on that field. 2/3 were the right result!

Edited by Zip_ME87
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

http://www.espn.com/soccer/blog/the-match/60/post/3520038/usa-shows-progress-vs-france-has-hope-after-world-cup-woe

"It's wonderful," midfielder Wil Trapp said. "It's not always going to be pretty. We understood that. Look, it's one of the best teams in the world, favorites for the World Cup, and I thought we adjusted really well. We scored the goal first, shocked them a little bit, and then weathered the storm."

"I think it's a huge step for us as professionals, and as a group, not listening to outside noise," Trapp said. "And believing in ourselves and believing in each other in adverse situations, that's a huge experience for young players, and of melding together and continuing to grow."

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I saw this advertised on ESPN last night at halftime of the LAFC-PTFC match. Have not yet watched it. Happy to see DeAndre, Vicki, and Ira as well as Akron in this feature.

• Like 1