2018 Zips Representing the USA

54 minutes ago, TennZip said:

Darlington Nagbe, Wil Trapp, DeAndre Yedlin. ??

38 minutes ago, Zip_ME87 said:

Darlington Nagbe, Wil Trapp, DeAndre Yedlin. ??

How does it work for those in the MLS playoffs?  Do they miss those games or is the training around those games?  Looks like first friendly is on 15 and Atlanta and Columbus have games on the 11.

5 hours ago, zippyfan34 said:

How does it work for those in the MLS playoffs?  Do they miss those games or is the training around those games?  Looks like first friendly is on 15 and Atlanta and Columbus have games on the 11.

I think they miss the MLS games while on USMNT duty. The US games are in Europe. I don't see how these players could stay here, play in their MLS playoff games, then head to Europe for the US friendlies. This is one of the issues with the MLS schedule vs pro "football" (soccer) schedules in other parts of the world. (Also, of note...English Premier League, for example, does not have playoffs. The team that wins the season is the EPL Champion.)

10 hours ago, Zip_ME87 said:

I think they miss the MLS games while on USMNT duty. The US games are in Europe. I don't see how these players could stay here, play in their MLS playoff games, then head to Europe for the US friendlies. This is one of the issues with the MLS schedule vs pro "football" (soccer) schedules in other parts of the world. (Also, of note...English Premier League, for example, does not have playoffs. The team that wins the season is the EPL Champion.)

I believe that Nagbe and Trapp will play their respective MLS Playoff matches on November 11th.  They will then immediately board a plane for Europe, where they will both sit the USMNT bench for the upcoming friendlies.  Point is that there is no way either will miss an MLS playoff match.

This point is difficult to research.  Post if you find anything.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, fknbuflobo said:

I believe that Nagbe and Trapp will play their respective MLS Playoff matches on November 11th.  They will then immediately board a plane for Europe, where they will both sit the USMNT bench for the upcoming friendlies.  Point is that there is no way either will miss an MLS playoff match.

This point is difficult to research.  Post if you find anything.

Actually, now that I look at the MLS playoff schedule, I think buflobo is correct. Playoff matches on Nov 11th with the next playoff matches on Nov 25th would allow them to play with MLS on 11/11 then join USMNT for matches on 11/15 and 11/20, then return for MLS playoff matches on 11/25, assuming their MLS teams advance.

EDIT: I should have looked at he MLS schedule v the USMNT schedule before commenting. I recall now that MLS does schedule their playoffs around this FIFA period, yearly, which causes their playoffs to extend into December.

Edited by Zip_ME87

• 2 weeks later...

Those are exquisitely tasteful new uniforms.......... in which to receive a humiliating international spanking.

ENG 3-0 USA.

It was not as close as the score might suggest.

USMNT has lots of work to do.

(I really do like the new uni kits.)

• 1 month later...