MAC releases 2018 opponents home and away

94zipgrad

It's undisputed that our top 2 rivals are Ohio & K.ent.  I feel our top 3 rivals are Ohio, K.ent and Buffalo.  I don't like how it's been hammered out that every year we either play all three at home or all three on the road.  Wish we could mix those three up a little. (Though, I suppose driving the 10 minutes to K.ent isn't a big deal. Lol.)

P.s.  Remember when Miami was a pretty big rival... especially in basketball?  I'll bet a lot of younger posters don't.

Edited by Blue & Gold

That is as easy of a MAC schedule as I could have possibly hoped for. No Toledo or Western Michigan and NIU/Central Michigan at home. This is a schedule that if Akron wants to be considered a top MAC team, they go no worse than 6-2. There are only three games that should be toss ups: OU and EMU on the road and NIU at home.

Edited by UAZippers
  • Like 1

When does the MAC announce dates for these games?  Or is it announced by the teams themselves?  I'd like to try to make the game at Buffalo, particularly if it is on a weekday night.  

5 hours ago, 94zipgrad said:

Be nice to see who the FCS team they get for Home game, it really needs to be an easy win with playing Nebraska, Northwestern, & Iowa State all on the road

Your non-conference schedule is the Cykron trifecta!  I was born in the University of Nebraska Medical Center (albeit in Omaha), right now I'm in Evanston, and I'm an Iowa State fan.  And I married into an Akron family (that must be the powerball)!  Go Zips, except when in Ames.  

Man they are releasing these things earlier it seems.  I didn't get to release the annual "schedule speculation" thread.  EMU and CMU were obviously going to be in our schedule this year because we haven't played them in 2ish years; NIU either.

Home: Bowling Green, Central Michigan, Miami, Northern Illinois
Away: Buffalo, Eastern Michigan, Kent State, Ohio

Should be a fun year.  Go Zips!