Game 16—Bowling Green

Let'sGoZips94

The 3 big plays down the stretch came from Kostelac on his rebound/put -back, Smith on his rebound, and Cotton's 3. Who would have guessed?? I hope Jaden is okay. Pure speculation, but I would guess as few as a couple games to as serious as the remainder of the season. His head looked like it smacked off of the floor pretty hard when they finally showed the replay.

Now just to get that road win monkey off our backs...

Wow, what a game.

31-18 Zips on the fouls.  What an awfully officiated game.  One of the worst I've seen in a while, and I am not one to whine about officiating.  I'm not sure what more the refs can ask a player to do on D then to hold his ground with his arms straight up.  When the offensive players initiates contact in that situation, that's NOT a defensive foul.

Groce said post-game that he thought Sayles eyes were in the back of his head.  Scarey situation.  They believe he has a concussion and he's off to the hospital to check everything out.  He also had ice on his wrist.

Edited by clarkwgriswold

Horrible officiating and I am wondering how much that had to do with Jadens injury.  I forget what game it was but he went in for a slam at full speed, made it, and hung on the room until his feet came under him and was called for a technical earlier in the year.  That could have been in his head when not holding on longer.

Gave the Zips fans what they needed.  This was a good turnout and was an electric atmosphere.  Screaming, angry, excited, stressed fans.  Seemed like old times.  I guess we still own BUGS.  Freshman kid from West Salem was a non-factor against OUR freshmen.  Definitely going to cue this one up on the screen tonight and watch from my sofa.

Kostelac, Smith, and Cotton saved the day.  Cotton told Frenchy he never had a shot like that in his life.

Longest last three seconds ever, but I'm glad we fouled.  We couldn't risk overtime.  Of course, we were still in the position to make free throws had BG not tried to deliberately miss.  They would have had the ball back with about 2 seconds left.  Anyway...

Edited by NWAkron

1 minute ago, zippyfan34 said:

Horrible officiating and I am wondering how much that had to do with Jadens injury.  I forget what game it was but he went in for a slam at full speed, made it, and hung on the room until his feet came under him and was called for a technical earlier in the year.  That could have been in his head when not holding on longer.

One of the usher's and I were discussing the same thing.  There's a reason they hang on the rim.