RB Coach to Kansas State

ZachTheZip

http://footballscoop.com/the-scoop/

Kansas State: Source tells FootballScoop Akron running backs coach Eric Hickson is expected to join the Kansas State staff. Hickson, the all-time rushing leader at K-State, has been at Akron since the 2015 season. He previously coached running backs and served as recruiting coordinator at Garden City and as OC and then head coach at Emmerich Manual High School (IN).

• Thanks 1

Kansas State is a time bomb right now with Bill Snyder trying to make his son the new head coach, even though the AD already contracted with someone to become the head coach when Snyder retires.  It is an ugly power struggle.  We can't wait for Snyder (the vampire who appears once per year to such Cyclone blood) to retire.  He was won so many close games in so many freaky ways against us!  Taking a job at Kansas State right now if rolling the dice on what will happen next, though Hickson is probably more safe than anyone else no matter what happens.

5 hours ago, ZachTheZip said:

That depends entirely on who we bring in to replace him. He was obviously doing something right.

He had to have one of the hardest jobs on the coaching staff, constantly losing his best players to injury.

That's what I was thinking. Always having to rely on our #2, 3 or 4 guy every year. I hope we find a great replacement and I hope our top RB's stay healthy during the upcoming seasons.

On 1/12/2018 at 1:40 PM, Steve1982 said:

I always wondered about Ricky Powers as a college assistant coach. He surely would have the gravitas in NE Ohio to recruit.

Why would Powers leave Buchtel?

On 1/12/2018 at 10:52 AM, Cykron said:

Kansas State is a time bomb right now with Bill Snyder trying to make his son the new head coach, even though the AD already contracted with someone to become the head coach when Snyder retires.  It is an ugly power struggle.  We can't wait for Snyder (the vampire who appears once per year to such Cyclone blood) to retire.  He was won so many close games in so many freaky ways against us!  Taking a job at Kansas State right now if rolling the dice on what will happen next, though Hickson is probably more safe than anyone else no matter what happens.

Really; they have a contract with the next head coach!

Not that everything you say is above reproach - SOURCE?

What makes Hickson more safe - SOURCE?

On 1/14/2018 at 11:28 AM, Zipmeister said:

Really; they have a contract with the next head coach!

Not that everything you say is above reproach - SOURCE?

What makes Hickson more safe - SOURCE?

Its messy.  As I look back at the articles, I see reference to "verbal agreement" between the AD and his candidate for head coach.  But it was well-known, which is why Bill Snyder could intervene and block it.  

http://www.kansas.com/sports/college/big-12/kansas-state/article190600669.html

https://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2017/11/16/16665968/jim-leavitt-kansas-state-bill-snyder-coach

• 3 weeks later...

Another coaching staff move.

Who is Mark Ouimet, and why does his hiring away from Akron warrant several verified Twitter accounts reporting it as breaking news? I honestly have no answer to either of these questions. GoZips.com lists him as our assistant DFO.

Edited by ZachTheZip