2020 Recruiting

CDMac

On 4/18/2019 at 6:23 PM, LZIp said:

Staff has been working their butt off on the recruiting trail per twitter. Wonder when we'll get the first commit of the class?

I think a lot of the kids were holding up on committing until we locked up games with Saint Francis and Bryant.

The floodgates should open now.

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

If I were a betting man, I think we'll get a commit from this player this weekend on his official visit. Curious to what we are recruiting him as. He is listed as an OLB on 247, but all of his hudl film is on offense. I wonder if we a recruiting him on the opposite side of the ball as KSU is, since you'd think they would naturally be the favorite.

https://247sports.com/Player/Isiah-Childs-46085263/

Edited by LZIp
  • Like 1

On ‎6‎/‎15‎/‎2019 at 9:02 PM, Blue & Gold said:

Just landed another one 

Nathaniel Williams, OT/DT, 6'5, 301, Newark Catholic HS, Newark, OH

huld video

Watching his video, he seems to move really well for an OL.

Someone local to me. I will have to be sure to see him play this fall.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Blue & Gold said:

Wow! What a well-written verbal commitment. Extremely articulate and thoughtful.

#Blessed isn't articulate and thoughtful enough for you?

Interestingly enough, looking at Rosser's Twitter, it looks like we've offered at least one or two of his buddies as well. 

I'm noticing some serious changes to our recruiting, mainly the level we connect with this younger generation better via social media and advertising. Zip Drip - something I don't particularly understand, even being 24 - is big with these younger guys, the graphics look much improved, and I think there's more emphasis on making recruits feel good about themselves in Akron gear when they come on visits. It's great to see us beating out other schools at or above our caliber. 

Keep it up Arth & staff!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, zippy5 said:

Recruiting rankings aren't the end-all be-all but good to see we're getting kids other programs also wanted, at the least.

I was going to mention this with D'Andre Bulley's commitment.  We've landed a couple of guys early in the recruiting cycle who have offers from P-5 schools.  I like that.  It seems like in the past when we've landed guys with P-5 offers, it's been very late in the recruiting cycle & we've wondered if the P-5 schools had backed off on them & encouraged them to look elsewhere.  Pure speculation, but none-the-less, I like that we're landing players w/ P-5 offers before the season's even begun.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Looks like this guy is coming for a visit this weekend.

A couple of the Zips coaches Liked the above tweet.

Trey Coleman, RB, 5-11, 213, Hutchinson CC, West Monroe HS, West Monroe, LA

The Hutchison CC Football website states his previous college as Tennessee.

24/7 lists him with offers from us, UMass & Toledo.

Rivals.com lists him coming out of high school as a 3-star prospect with offers from Tennessee, Arkansas, Louisiana Tech & Iowa State

• Like 1

Edited by ZippyRulz