Game 20—@Ball State

Dr Z

Great game.  I cannot remember a Zip with a better effort than Ivey this afternoon.  It is a shame that we are so young and have a limited bench.  Cotten is really playing well.  Also, this is the best that I have seen Patton play.  The effort is there it is so difficult to win when your best shooter cannot hit an open three and we get nothing from Klac.  The call on Cotten on the lose ball was a terrible call but not going to blame our loss on the refs.  We did not box out on the foul shot that gave them an extra possession.   I also thought that Groce made a mistake going to the starting lineup in the second half when we started out so poorly in the game.  

5 minutes ago, 1981 grad said:

Great game.  I cannot remember a Zip with a better effort than Ivey this afternoon.  It is a shame that we are so young and have a limited bench.  Cotten is really playing well.  Also, this is the best that I have seen Patton play.  The effort is there it is so difficult to win when your best shooter cannot hit an open three and we get nothing from Klac.  The call on Cotten on the lose ball was a terrible call but not going to blame our loss on the refs.  We did not box out on the foul shot that gave them an extra possession.   I also thought that Groce made a mistake going to the starting lineup in the second half when we started out so poorly in the game.  

No but the call on Duvivier at the end of regulation was appalling. Never should have gone to OT.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, zipfan84 said:

No but the call on Duvivier at the end of regulation was appalling. Never should have gone to OT.

One of the most fun basketball games I've seen in a long time. Sucks we didn't come out on top. The above statement is 100%. Terrible call, super terrible call at that point in the game and it being a player's 5th foul.

2 minutes ago, RowdyZip said:

One of the most fun basketball games I've seen in a long time. Sucks we didn't come out on top. The above statement is 100%. Terrible call, super terrible call at that point in the game and it being a player's 5th foul.

There were players in this game? I thought I was only supposed to notice the zebras?

6 minutes ago, NWAkron said:

48 points.  We need that amazing go-to guy.   We have him.   

Need a player or 2 to participate, offensively, with him. What in the world has happened to Utomi? He has turned himself into a one dimensional player. Such potential being wasted. Patton has a bigger inside presence at this point.....

11 minutes ago, NWAkron said:

48 points.  We need that amazing go-to guy.   We have him.   

Until he has a few more of his single-digit games where he can't make a hoop, which will leave you scratching your head.  

We need these super-human efforts to win some games down the stretch.  But, I think you will find that different people will surprise you on different nights.