2018 Preseason

Dr Z

Scippio did play. He’s a legit 6’ 2” 195 lb wideout. Brady got some snaps, but not a ton. 

Story of the scrimmage was either -

6’ 6” 220 lb wr Brandon Mitchell. Zips track star with a 5th year of college eligibility remaining. Could be a real impact player this season.

Alex Ramart- had an outstanding scrimmage. Per Coach Bowden after the scrimmage “We’ve got a battle at the QB. position .”

Dr. Z and I have a lot to post, but have a busy Saturday. We’ll get some stuff up later tonight or tomorrow.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 8/7/2018 at 10:25 AM, Blue & Gold said:

Do you know if there is a scrimmage scheduled for the 18th? (And, if so, what time?)

Coach Bowden told Joe Dunn that they'll have another scrimmage Saturday the 18th. I don't know a time yet but today's started at 9:30 and it was a beautiful day at the INFO.

• Thanks 1

I know you root for us when we're not playing the Cyclones, but I though you might be just trying to get a good seat on the bandwagon as the RooCrew kicks it into high gear!

We'll be traveling to Ames for the game, so I'll be looking at your very informative and much appreciated posts with all the parking/tailgating info as the game gets a little closer.

• Like 2

I wasn't the least bit surprised to hear what GT wrote about Kato & Ramart after the 1st scrimmage.  I think Ramart's the QB of the future, I just don't think you start a freshman in game #1.  But I wouldn't be surprised if by MAC play Ramart is the starter w/ Kato subbing in to change things up (with his running) once in a while.

On 8/11/2018 at 8:53 PM, CDMac said:

I know you root for us when we're not playing the Cyclones, but I though you might be just trying to get a good seat on the bandwagon as the RooCrew kicks it into high gear!

We'll be traveling to Ames for the game, so I'll be looking at your very informative and much appreciated posts with all the parking/tailgating info as the game gets a little closer.

I hope you roll into Ames with a 2-0 record and end the season with a 10-2 record (losses to Buffalo and Iowa State).  :champs:

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Blue & Gold said:

I wasn't the least bit surprised to hear what GT wrote about Kato & Ramart after the 1st scrimmage.  I think Ramart's the QB of the future, I just don't think you start a freshman in game #1.  But I wouldn't be surprised if by MAC play Ramart is the starter w/ Kato subbing in to change things up (with his running) once in a while.

Is Kato the back-up QB who came in late in the Iowa State game last year?  If so, he seemed like a bit of a hot-head.  I haven't heard much said about this, so I'm assuming that calmed down (or it isn't him).  

9 hours ago, Cykron said:

I hope you roll into Ames with a 2-0 record and end the season with a 10-2 record (losses to Buffalo and Iowa State).  :champs:

I could live with that. After all, we will probably get another crack at Coach Campbell in 2021 ;) http://www.fbschedules.com/ncaa/mid-amer/akron-zips.php

Edited by ZippyRulz
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1

22 minutes ago, ZippyRulz said:

I could live with that. After all, we will probably get another crack at Coach Campbell in 2021 ;) http://www.fbschedules.com/ncaa/mid-amer/akron-zips.php

You had me there for a minute.  :unsure:

Edited by Cykron

3 hours ago, Blue & Gold said:

Yeah, that was him. 

Seems like Kato has settled into the starting role pretty well.  True?  I don't read anything about the hot-headedness anymore.  Although, we will see as the QB competition heats up.  

15 minutes ago, Cykron said:

Seems like Kato has settled into the starting role pretty well.  True?  I don't read anything about the hot-headedness anymore.  Although, we will see as the QB competition heats up.  

In the article (posted earlier - somewhere up there) where GT stated Ramart was the only Zips player who didn't look rusty, he also commented that Kato was right in the middle of an after-the-whistle skirmish.

23 hours ago, Cykron said:

Why Buffalo? Are you Canadian?

23 hours ago, Cykron said:

Is Kato the back-up QB who came in late in the Iowa State game last year?  If so, he seemed like a bit of a hot-head.  I haven't heard much said about this, so I'm assuming that calmed down (or it isn't him).  

Calmed down? TBD. 

13 hours ago, ZippyRulz said:

I see what you did there...

13 hours ago, Cykron said:

Starting role? TBD. No more hot-headedness? TBD. As you can see, there's a lot to be determined with Kato. 

12 hours ago, Blue & Gold said:

In the article (posted earlier - somewhere up there) where GT stated Ramart was the only Zips player who didn't look rusty, he also commented that Kato was right in the middle of an after-the-whistle skirmish.

Sky is blue, grass is green. Ramart for Heisman!