2018 Preseason

Dr Z

• 1 month later...

Had a nice conversation with a couple coaches I ran into at a local establishment two weeks ago...they said they felt the coaching staff is the closest they've been in the last five seasons, and the energy in the room is very good.  They are cautiously optimistic, and said they were just a little concerned at the RB slot, but they were in a good, positive mood.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
47 minutes ago, UA1987 said:

Hope this team is having summer workouts - I haven't heard much

They have been training hard. I know they are having their "squat party" today where they'll be getting after it trying to set PRs for their squat.

There were some PRs set yesterday for sure on bench and power cleans.

If the small sample size of the numbers I heard is any indication of the overall development of the team, it bodes well for the Zips.

OK LZip I'm bored and I'll bite. I don't care for many of these predictions. I don't think we are a fifth place team in the East. I agree we have many question marks, especially on offense, but I don't think Buffalo, BGSU or Miami are better than us. All were picked ahead of us. I do think OU is probably better. That being said we can beat all of them. To my way of thinking this predictor does not know what we have ready to put out on the field. They are unproven in many spots, but they are quality now, not like the Akron teams of old. This will be a challenging year for us. Yet we have weapons, depth and a growing sense of confidence. We are not fifth. 

• Like 3