St. V coach resigns to join UA staff

zippyfan34

2 hours ago, Z.I.P. said:

Doesn't say which side of the football or positions he's going to take on coaching.  Is there a vacancy?  Could he be an OC?  :rock:

A new OC would be a blessing. Continuing the local connection, I have watched Tim Tyrell at Hoban for the last three years. He is a head coach who also acts as the OC. You can not prepare for everything he can do. He is creative while playing to the strengths and abilities of his team. Colleges have started to float offers his way and Hoban knows it is just a question of time before he goes. I believe he would make a great addition to Terry's staff and be a huge improvement as a play caller.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, 72 Roo said:

A new OC would be a blessing. Continuing the local connection, I have watched Tim Tyrell at Hoban for the last three years. He is a head coach who also acts as the OC. You can not prepare for everything he can do. He is creative while playing to the strengths and abilities of his team. Colleges have started to float offers his way and Hoban knows it is just a question of time before he goes. I believe he would make a great addition to Terry's staff and be a huge improvement as a play caller.

Also a cheater, if I am not mistaken.

• Thanks 1

I've been a St V football fan for more years than I can count. Speaking specifically about Marcus Wattley, as an assistant under Dan Boarman, he coached the defense and was one heck of a coach. The SC years were his defense.  His offense as a head coach was awful, complete disarray. He had two different Offensive Coordinators. If he was running the offense, God help us. But I think this is a moot point as I heard he will be an assistant at Akron, coaching the running backs.

Don't get me wrong. He is a heckuva nice guy and good person, just not, in my opinion, head coach material. I wish him well in his new endeavor.