Game 25—Ball State

clarkwgriswold

The Ball State Cardinals, fresh off a convincing 19 point win over PCCC, come into the JAR Tuesday night to face the Zips.  The Cards are 16-9 overall and 7-5 in the MAC.  Tayler Persons leads scoring at 14.2 ppg, with Trey Moses leading rebounding at 8 per game.  Since beating the Zips in double overtime on January 27th, the Cards have beaten Toledo, BG and PCCC and lost to Eastern.

So, will Ball State defend Jimond differently this game?

I really hope Saturday's showing by Parrish was the beginning of big things from him.  He has been the team's most frustrating player for me this season.  He has the build and skills to really be a player, but his lapses have driven me crazy at times.  Him becoming a major piece could really help this team.

It seemed at times Saturday that the Zips were intentionally slowing things down on offense (maybe to conserve energy?) and using the clock.  Curious to see if that continues.  One common set was 4 on the perimeter with Utomi drifting through the middle in the key and to the elbows on the ball side.  I guess that shows how he's having to play out of position in part.  

• Dr Z changed the title to Game 25—Ball State

With 6 games left on the slate, would love to see this young Zips squad hold serve at home and maybe pick one or even two off on the road (BG and Kent are winnable games). A 4-2 finish would end us at 15-15 (8-10) which was about where a lot of folks thought we'd be. 

These guys are beatable. Zips are 3 point home dogs. One game at a time and get us a home first round tournament game.

2 hours ago, RowdyZip said:

With 6 games left on the slate, would love to see this young Zips squad hold serve at home and maybe pick one or even two off on the road (BG and Kent are winnable games). A 4-2 finish would end us at 15-15 (8-10) which was about where a lot of folks thought we'd be. 

These guys are beatable. Zips are 3 point home dogs. One game at a time and get us a home first round tournament game.

I wonder how the poll results would change if we knew that Sayles & Poke would miss most of MAC play, and we'd be down to 9 guys total. 

1 hour ago, LZIp said:

once again, willing to buy coasters from those who might not want them.

The coasters are very nice. I'm impressed, and am looking forward to them being under many a beer in the Man Cave, hopefully watching the Zips finally win a game in the NCAA tournament someday. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Hilltopper said:

Bring the KD bobblehead and meet me at the lower concession stand 10 minutes before gametime and I will trade you some coasters.

I will be working late thus unable to attend the game tonight. I think I need to dig it out of storage anyways. I'm down to mail it to you if you'd like.

6 minutes ago, clarkwgriswold said:

Ahhhhhh, the black market of Zips gear.  Gus meeting in dark corridors...

Hey, at least the marketing department has come up with promotional items people actually want to trade for. :thumb: Have you seen what the Dru/Romeo/LeBron trio sells for on eBay? Together, they fetch around $100, give or take. LeBron is the driving force obviously, but kudos to the marketing department for putting it all together. I traded my extra President Wilson bobblehead for a Michael Brantley (get healthy, damnit Dr. Smooth!) bobblehead, and just sold my extra Groce bobblehead (which by the way, looked more like Dustin or Geno Ford). Thank you Akron!

Random question, but who pays for the manufacturing of the bobbleheads? Is it the sponsor, the University, or a split between both? 

14 minutes ago, Let'sGoZips94 said:

Hey, at least the marketing department has come up with promotional items people actually want to trade for. :thumb: Have you seen what the Dru/Romeo/LeBron trio sells for on eBay? Together, they fetch around $100, give or take. LeBron is the driving force obviously, but kudos to the marketing department for putting it all together. I traded my extra President Wilson bobblehead for a Michael Brantley (get healthy, damnit Dr. Smooth!) bobblehead, and just sold my extra Groce bobblehead (which by the way, looked more like Dustin or Geno Ford). Thank you Akron!

Random question, but who pays for the manufacturing of the bobbleheads? Is it the sponsor, the University, or a split between both? 

...and to think I've been giving away bobbleheads!  

I really like the coasters.  The glass mugs last year were OK.  I demand a lot for my $60 GA season tickets!