Game 26—@ PCCC

clarkwgriswold

Mr. Pinky and the 12-14 Golden Flushes of PCCC await the Zips this Saturday at the MACC.  PCCC has been one of the MAC’s most inconsistent teams (6-7) with wins over Buffalo and Western and losses to BG and NIU.  Jaylen Walker leads the Flushes at 17.2 ppg.  Adonis De La Rosa leads rebounding at 7.8 ppg.  Be sure to get there early so that you can get a seat with a view to most of the floor.

It’s very odd to head into this game with both teams essentially out of the MAC East title race.   

• Like 2

6 hours ago, akronzips71 said:

Why don't we ever get someone with a name like Jaylin Walker? That is a BB name for sure.

He's such a baller, he has Can't at 6-7 in the MAC in one of the worst MAC fields in quite some time. I also don't want to be following any blueprints made by Mr. Pinky. I wouldn't be surprised if this is his last year at the helm of the Golden Flushes. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Let'sGoZips94 said:

He's such a baller, he has Can't at 6-7 in the MAC in one of the worst MAC fields in quite some time. I also don't want to be following any blueprints made by Mr. Pinky. I wouldn't be surprised if this is his last year at the helm of the Golden Flushes. 

They gave him s contract extension at the end of last season.

20 minutes ago, clarkwgriswold said:

Exactly, in large part based their performance in.....the....MAC tournament.  :puke:

They don't have the finances to just send him on his way. 

He keeps KSU middle of the road.  Some moments of awesome but mostly frustration for their fans.   As we all obviously know, the MAC is a tough grind for a coach.  If you go back 20 years, you see how different teams dominated for a few years then dropped off maybe to make a resurgence later.  That resurgence often involves crashing to the bottom before slowly rising back up...until that coach leaves.  Dambrot did an awesome job always keeping us in the mix during his tenure.  I like how Akron has it set up with Groce where Illinois is basically paying him until he proves himself.  (Yes, I know the University is still paying him $300,000+)

Edited by NWAkron

10 minutes ago, NWAkron said:

He keeps KSU middle of the road.  Some moments of awesome but mostly frustration for their fans.   As we all obviously know, the MAC is a tough grind for a coach.  If you go back 20 years, you see how different teams dominated for a few years then dropped off maybe to make a resurgence later.  That resurgence often involves crashing to the bottom before slowly rising back up...until that coach leaves.  Dambrot did an awesome job always keeping us in the mix during his tenure.  I like how Akron has it set up with Groce where Illinois is basically paying him until he proves himself.  (Yes, I know the University is still paying him $300,000+)

He was teetering on his contract not getting renewed and then they mage their run last year, a run with which we are all too familiar. 

3 hours ago, NWAkron said:

I'm glad Illinois is doing something right this year.  :thumb:

I keep looking at the standings between games.

It appears that this might be our last opportunity to have a shot at finishing in 4th in the MAC East.  With another loss, it looks like we're battling OU for last place the rest of the way.  

I keep hoping for that game I can point to as a turning point to possibly motivate the team, supporters, and disappearing fans, and season ticket sales going into next year.  With only 5 more left, those opportunities are fading fast.    

3 hours ago, Let'sGoZips94 said:

I hope he sent Dambrot a basket of muffins with a "Thank you" card for choking in the MAC Tourney Finals with ZERO effort.

Considering what we're going through right now, winning 14 conference games, distancing ourselves from the rest of the pack by 3 full games, and advancing all the way to the MAC Final seems like paradise right now.  Don't you agree?

Oh that's right, that thought wouldn't produce another opportunity for you to find some way to discredit Dambrot's accomplishments again. 

12 minutes ago, skip-zip said:

Considering what we're going through right now, winning 14 conference games, distancing ourselves from the rest of the pack by 3 full games, and advancing all the way to the MAC Final seems like paradise right now.  Don't you agree?

Oh that's right, that thought wouldn't produce another opportunity for you to find some way to discredit Dambrot's accomplishments again. 

It was flat out embarrassing to come out as flat as we did against our rival in the MAC Tournament Finals on national tv. 

I'm hoping for different on Saturday. We're a scrappy bunch a majority of the time, so I wouldn't be surprised if it got chippy. 

Edited by Let'sGoZips94

45 minutes ago, Let'sGoZips94 said:

It was flat out embarrassing to come out as flat as we did against our rival in the MAC Tournament Finals on national tv. 

I'm hoping for different on Saturday. We're a scrappy bunch a majority of the time, so I wouldn't be surprised if it got chippy. 

You're joking, right? We lost by 5, not 30. Now our performance against UTA was an embarrassment. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, kreed5120 said:

You're joking, right? We lost by 5, not 30. Now our performance against UTA was an embarrassment. 

The score doesn't tell the full story. We came out flat, lacked 100% effort & hustle, and lost a game we had no business losing. I remember it being incredibly frustrating to watch. UTA was also embarrassing, you're right. 

3 hours ago, skip-zip said:

I keep looking at the standings between games.

It appears that this might be our last opportunity to have a shot at finishing in 4th in the MAC East.  With another loss, it looks like we're battling OU for last place the rest of the way.  

I keep hoping for that game I can point to as a turning point to possibly motivate the team, supporters, and disappearing fans, and season ticket sales going into next year.  With only 5 more left, those opportunities are fading fast.    

Sorrry Skip but I am keeping my season tickets next year.

41 minutes ago, Let'sGoZips94 said:

The score doesn't tell the full story. We came out flat, lacked 100% effort & hustle, and lost a game we had no business losing. I remember it being incredibly frustrating to watch. UTA was also embarrassing, you're right. 

It wasn't our best game of the season I'd give you that, but calling it an embarrassment is a stretch. Embarrassing is losing by 24 to the last place team in the MAC like we witnessed a week and a half ago or not making it to Cleveland for the tournament, which seems like a very real possibility given our recent play. 

• Like 2