Kentucky signs two-for-one scheduling deal w/ Akron

ZachTheZip

We went down there the last time we played there about 10 years ago.  Lexington is a great, great town.  The tailgating environment is mammoth, and the home fans are all so polite and friendly to their visitors.  It feels like the entire state converged on Lexington for the weekend for a big party.  And if you're not careful, you'll find yourself singing "My Old Kentucky Home" with the rest of the crowd before kickoff.  

I HIGHLY recommend this trip.  It's only about 5 hrs. away (depending on how fast you drive).  

Edited by skip-zip
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, blueandgold said:

Didn't we have a home game scheduled with Kentucky a few years back that never ended up happening?

You have a great memory!

After we played at their place about 10 years ago (I was there, but can't remember the year), we had a return game scheduled.  I believe that would have been around 2011 or 2012.   Anyway, they ended up cancelling and buying us out.  I don't recall any more of the details.  

I'll take these games however we need to get them.  Same with the Illinois game.  But, I give serious props to Indiana and Syracuse who gave us return games in exchange, just like Kentucky is committing to right now.  

Edited by skip-zip
  • Like 1

On 2/18/2018 at 8:58 AM, Let'sGoZips94 said:

Scheduling P5 teams like Kentucky, Illinois, etc., is perfect. Beatable with name recognition. I fully expect to win some of these, too. 

Seriously, nice scheduling to get an SEC team that you can beat.  And in your core recruiting footprint.