2018-2019

UAZip0510

2 minutes ago, GoZips88 said:

When I'm filthy rich with dirty money, I'm retiring to Seven Mile Beach on Grand Cayman. Any of you who can make the tournament, GO!

As I am working through this right now with a client, I should advise you to report your foreign activity if you decide to buy your house in the Caymans early and rent it out until you move. Not reporting anything for 10 years appears to be unwise :lol: 

46 minutes ago, ZZZips said:

Cayman Classic 2018.  Five teams announced.  The last three spots are reserved for SEC and ACC teams.  League sponsor is Mountain west.  TV network is CBS.

https://cayman27.ky/2018/01/cayman-islands-classic-confirms-5-teams-for-2018-edition/

Terrific field thus far. @Illini Zip's fandom - especially his newly developed support for the Zips - will be tested if Akron has to play Illinois State. 

On 3/22/2018 at 5:08 PM, Let'sGoZips94 said:

Terrific field thus far. @Illini Zip's fandom - especially his newly developed support for the Zips - will be tested if Akron has to play Illinois State. 

It's true. I didn't want to complicate matters when I first introduced myself. I am an Illini loyalist, but an Illinois State grad. For years I have spent all of my spare time following Illinois basketball and now as you all know I spend plenty of time on here as well. Add to that the Redbirds of ISU and my friend's son who plays Division 3 ball for St. Ambrose University (Davenport, Iowa) and I have a full plate of college basketball fandom. Who would I route for in a game between Akron and ISU? I would likely just want to see a good game, enjoy the moment and pray nobody got injured. Kind of like when the Mannings would watch Eli and Peyton play each other.

3 hours ago, Illini Zip said:

It's true. I didn't want to complicate matters when I first introduced myself. I am an Illini loyalist, but an Illinois State grad. For years I have spent all of my spare time following Illinois basketball and now as you all know I spend plenty of time on here as well. Add to that the Redbirds of ISU and my friend's son who plays Division 3 ball for St. Ambrose University (Davenport, Iowa) and I have a full plate of college basketball fandom. Who would I route for in a game between Akron and ISU? I would likely just want to see a good game, enjoy the moment and pray nobody got injured. Kind of like when the Mannings would watch Eli and Peyton play each other.

Man...even as a Zips fan, shame on you, kind of.  We deal with something similar with OSU. Many students grow up OSU fans (including myself) and continue to root for them even after attending/graduating from UA, and even against UA. . Though I guess it isn't completely apples to apples as ISU does not have a FBS football program.

I say you should root for ISU vs us.

21 minutes ago, LZIp said:

Man...even as a Zips fan, shame on you, kind of.  We deal with something similar with OSU. Many students grow up OSU fans (including myself) and continue to root for them even after attending/graduating from UA, and even against UA. . Though I guess it isn't completely apples to apples as ISU does not have a FBS football program.

I say you should root for ISU vs us.

Consider me fan shamed. :D  LZip, I route for ISU to be relevant more than anything. They just can't get over that damn hump and the university invests so little to encourage student involvement. As much as I think Coach Dan Muller as a former ISU player is a great fit, his style of basketball hasn't excited me. And just when we do get an awesome player or two, they get poached. Minnesota's Reggie Lynch is the latest example. There are some similarities between the ISU and Akron programs, but I truly believe that Akron with Groce is ready to take a big step forward. But you do have me second guessing myself, good job LZip.

Check out the list of schools that were once members of the Missouri Valley Conference. It's amazing to me.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Missouri_Valley_Conference

ISU was a damn good party school though. At least we had that going for us.