2018-2019

UAZip0510

On 3/24/2018 at 12:41 PM, LZIp said:

Man...even as a Zips fan, shame on you, kind of.  We deal with something similar with OSU. Many students grow up OSU fans (including myself) and continue to root for them even after attending/graduating from UA, and even against UA. . Though I guess it isn't completely apples to apples as ISU does not have a FBS football program.

I say you should root for ISU vs us.

I was born and raised a Zips fan, am an alum and also root for the Buckeyes, especially in football. However, I can't say that I've ever rooted for the Buckeyes in any contest against the Zips. I'm still a little bitter over the NIT loss in Columbus a couple of years ago. No conflict for me. Just sayin'. :) 

Edited by ewbrooman1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ewbrooman1 said:

I was born and raised a Zips fan, am an alum and also root for the Buckeyes, especially in football. However, I can't say that I've ever rooted for the Buckeyes in any contest against the Zips. I'm still a little bitter over the NIT loss in Columbus a couple of years ago. No conflict for me. Just sayin'. :) 

FWIW, I'm not bashing anyone who also roots for OSU  (assuming Akron is #1). I get it. I still do, though they are a very distant 2nd and I seemingly care less about them as each year passes. It's kind of boring expecting to win every game and only having 2-3 tough games a year with most others over by half-time honestly.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, clarkwgriswold said:

Anyone want to explain to me the rumor about Ivey not returning?  I don't want to open a can of worms, but every fan I spoken to over the last week has brought it up.

Blah let's hope not. Let's also hope this isn't some cryptic reference to Nevada, the new Transfer U

7 minutes ago, UAZippers said:

"Also, on senior night, the Zips honored 6-5 swingman Jimond Ivey, even though he has a season of eligibility remaining, leaving his future as a Zip in question."

Taken from this article in the PD. I don't remember him being honored, but that seems like something unusual.

Elton is having a senior moment in that article. The only people honored on Senior night were Duvivier and Smith. 

1 minute ago, Hilltopper said:

Elton is having a senior moment in that article. The only people honored on Senior night were Duvivier and Smith. 

Ok. I thought so, but was not sure so I thought it would be relevant to post. It could still be one of the major sources of rumors.

Edited by UAZippers

7 minutes ago, UAZippers said:

"Also, on senior night, the Zips honored 6-5 swingman Jimond Ivey, even though he has a season of eligibility remaining, leaving his future as a Zip in question."

Taken from this article in the PD. Seems unusual.

We did?!? I only remember  Malcolm and Smith. Did we do something similar with Treadwell and Harney being that they were non-qualifiers? I don't remember. Ivey is a greyshirt, IIRC...I believe due to being a qualifier out of HS. I think they key would be, if he were looking to transfer, is whether or not he will graduate. Let's hope he stays regardless...I don't know why he wouldn't be excited about next season.

2 hours ago, clarkwgriswold said:

3 season ticket holders over a span of 4 days.  Hopefully, it is just rumor.

I know nothing about the situation. BUT if I had a nickel for every false rumor I have heard about an Akron athlete...

I'm just a fan, and I am more pumped about next season than I have been in more than a decade.

I can't imagine if I were a solid contributor this year, how excited I would be for next season. ??

• Like 5

On 3/27/2018 at 4:47 PM, Dr Z said:

I know nothing about the situation. BUT if I had a nickel for every false rumor I have heard about an Akron athlete...

I'm just a fan, and I am more pumped about next season than I have been in more than a decade.

I can't imagine if I were a solid contributor this year, how excited I would be for next season. ??

Ugh.  Trying to decipher Jimond's Twitter feed is maddening.  I learned the Antino is entering the NBA draft and that "major moves" coming soon.  and now his icon is a pic of a husky dog.  University of Washington? 

22 minutes ago, NWAkron said:

Ugh.  Trying to decipher Jimond's Twitter feed is maddening.  I learned the Antino is entering the NBA draft and that "major moves" coming soon.  and now his icon is a pic of a husky dog.  University of Washington? 

What about Antino and what is his relevance to Jimond's tweets?