2018-2019

UAZip0510

2 hours ago, NWAkron said:

Just that Jimond posted Antinos tweet about going pro.

Ummm, wasn't this Antino's last year of eligibility?  As such, I don't get the "entering the NBA draft" thing.  I like Antino, but I think he's going right after LiAngelo Ball in the NBA draft.  I hope the Sports Law Group has connections with GMs in Turkey.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, clarkwgriswold said:

Ummm, wasn't this Antino's last year of eligibility?  As such, I don't get the "entering the NBA draft" thing.  I like Antino, but I think he's going right after LiAngelo Ball in the NBA draft.  I hope the Sports Law Group has connections with GMs in Turkey.

Well hold on here. You might be onto something. What if he's entering the draft to build a relationship and connect with LiAngelo Ball, to get to know his dad, who is a self-proclaimed big time GM in Europe? :rolleyes:

In all seriousness, entering the draft is smart. You get to play against better competition, go through some rigorous training, and develop excellent connections I presume. Odds are he wouldn't make it, but he'll build the relationships necessary to be successful overseas. 

1 hour ago, Let'sGoZips94 said:

Well hold on here. You might be onto something. What if he's entering the draft to build a relationship and connect with LiAngelo Ball, to get to know his dad, who is a self-proclaimed big time GM in Europe? :rolleyes:

In all seriousness, entering the draft is smart. You get to play against better competition, go through some rigorous training, and develop excellent connections I presume. Odds are he wouldn't make it, but he'll build the relationships necessary to be successful overseas. 

Perhaps I'm ignorant to the process, but wouldn't he still have to be invited to said events?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, NWAkron said:

Ugh.  Trying to decipher Jimond's Twitter feed is maddening.  I learned the Antino is entering the NBA draft and that "major moves" coming soon.  and now his icon is a pic of a husky dog.  University of Washington? 

I am entering the draft too. I am 5-8 200# and 69 years old. I have as good a chance of being drafted as Antino. Maybe a better chance, I will work for less.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, ewbrooman1 said:

Since it is the Women's Final Four tonight, I'd like to touch on the Zips women's team briefly. I've been wondering if anyone has heard anything about Jodi Kest's contract status. From what I can find this was the last year of her 5 year contract.

Speaking of Zips women, last I looked the softball team was something like 1-23.

• Sad 1

42 minutes ago, clarkwgriswold said:

Speaking of Zips women, last I looked the softball team was something like 1-23.

Yabut....women’s swimming and diving has 5 straight MAC Championships....women’s golf and tennis top notch.  And softball is...not.

• Like 1

Riley Freeman‏ @easymoney____1 21h21 hours ago

These past 3 years at the University of Akron has been everything to me, and the people here has been Family and welcomed me with open arms since day 1. Can’t Wait to play next year for my Senior Year with this group of guys. Akron Luv! #YearOfTheBrodie

19 hours ago, ZIPS96 said:

Ivey announced he is staying on Twitter.:rock:

(Zips96 I read your post too literally.  I read that as Jimond is keeping his Twitter account.)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Hilltopper said:

I always knew Jimond was not the type to cut and run.  Never got that vibe from him.

So when are the deadlines for recruits to make their moves and others to possibly transfer.  I'm thinking there are no other guys leaving at this point?

18 minutes ago, NWAkron said:

I always knew Jimond was not the type to cut and run.  Never got that vibe from him.

So when are the deadlines for recruits to make their moves and others to possibly transfer.  I'm thinking there are no other guys leaving at this point?

I don't think there is ever a deadline for someone to transfer.

Good luck, Torrey, and thank you for your year in blue & gold!

Like everyone else, I'm sure, I'm not surprised by this.  This is a good move for Torrey.  He most likely wasn't going to see a lot of PT next year.  When I would toy around with hypothetical lineups, he was always the odd-man-out.

PG: Jackson........???

2G: Ivey................ Toles...........Hester

W: Utomi..............Parrish

PF: Sayles...........Poke

C: Riak.................K-lac

We really need another PG next year.

39 minutes ago, Blue & Gold said:

I don't care for how he uses the word "churn."  It's like he's just waiting and hoping one of the top players leave so he can have a headline "Zips in Disarray."  Torrey and Sina are natural departures. 

Edited by NWAkron