2018-2019

UAZip0510

14 minutes ago, Let'sGoZips94 said:

Easy there, Chicken Little. There are nearly 500 players at the DI level that have transferred. It says more about how recruiting at this level is changing than it does about our program specifically. Again, Parrish wasn't a Groce recruit. We don't know if he fully bought into the system behind the scenes. We all know about Cotton's issues. 

Sorry, losing 4 guys, 3 who played significant minutes as freshmen isn't good. If it's merely reflective of today's players and recruiting that's not good either. I have no interest in following a constant turnstile roster. Hopefully things will settle down.

The kid showed promise.  He frustrated the hell out of me for the first half of the season by coupling that promise with inexcusable mental lapses.  I think in time, he would have been a nice MAC player.  If he thinks he's a top notch player who can succeed at a place like Oklahoma, he's going to be very disappointed.

This is nuts. You can not build a team by starting fresh every year. Looks like we will be cellar dwellers again next year.

If you are counting on the players who sat this year, DON'T. Have never played a minute for us, you have NO IDEA what we are going to get.

And for the final touch, here comes the Tweet from K-Lac

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, clarkwgriswold said:

Now Wilson is a candidate for the presidency at Utah Valley University.

https://www.ohio.com/akron/news/local/ua-president-is-finalist-for-top-job-at-utah-state-university

I.....AM.....SO.....DAMN.....CONFUSED.

The continued results of poor decision making.  This would not have happened if we would have made Tressel president (I got slammed for supporting him too).  Who the f**k runs this s**t show?

• Sad 1

I did not care much about the news of Cotton and Patton leaving, but Parrish is a different story.

He played a lot as a freshman and he looked like he would have a very promising future in blue and gold, why would he choose to go sit out a year?

That one hurts! :puke:

9 hours ago, NWAkron said:

Haters gonna hate. And continue to hate.

Be happy if Wilson leaves because he can take his salary with him. 

Channel Banks and Jerome sign yesterday.  Parrish leaves today.  Coincidence?

At first I thought you meant that was all because of Wilson and I was like c'mon man :lol:

6 hours ago, Valpo Zip said:

I did not care much about the news of Cotton and Patton leaving, but Parrish is a different story.

He played a lot as a freshman and he looked like he would have a very promising future in blue and gold, why would he choose to go sit out a year?

That one hurts! :puke:

Technically, Eric hasn't used his redshirt year yet so he will still get to play 3 years after sitting out.

18 hours ago, clarkwgriswold said:

Softball recently won a game to improve their record to 2-31-1.   :puke:

Sad when the MAC Softball Championships are held at Historic Firestone Stadium, the closest school will not be represented, except for all the Communications and Facilities personnel who will be forced to work the tourney.

1 hour ago, ZIPS96 said:

From George Thomas:

@ZipsMBB with two recruits in today to watch @ZipsFB scrimmage briefly. Combo G Tyler Cheese from JUCO Florida Southwest State and F @35Durantula35 (Xeryius Williams) who left @DaytonMBB last month

Tyler Cheese is #52 on this JUCO recruiting site for what ever that's worth. And he's 6'-3".

https://www.jucorecruiting.com/2018top100rankings

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kreed5120 said:

Xeyrius Williams numbers were down last season, but the year before he put up some pretty decent numbers coming off the bench for Dayton. I'm not sure if he's a grad transfer or would have to sit out a year.

Sounds like he was battling some injury issues-

https://www.daytondailynews.com/sports/xeyrius-williams-announces-leaving-dayton-flyers/sWAWyHGN9W5cJ8QitOMkcO/

47 minutes ago, akronzips71 said:

Coach has scheduled a AWESOME OOC tourney.

Now he just needs to find a team.

Found one! :wave:

Christian Jackson

Channel Banks

Jeremy Roscoe

Eric Hester 

LePear Toles

Daniel Utomi

Jimmond Ivey

Deng Riak

Jaden Sayles

Mark Kostelac