2018-2019

UAZip0510

13 minutes ago, RowdyZip said:

Anyone notice that Hester isn't on the gozips roster? I know he's not eligible until January, but I'd still think he'd be listed?

Maybe the eligibility issue, if it's an NCAA determination.  So, why isn't he eligible at the start? And...I THOUGHT his name was on earlier rosters!?

23 hours ago, Z.I.P. said:

I can't find a Twitter for Eric.  Thought he had one...:(

His twitter page is still there.  He last tweeted on Oct. 17 when he retweeted Eric Parrish's announcement he was committing to Nevada.  All looks Kosher on his page.  I'd post the link but I was previously asked not to post links to players personal social media pages on ZN.o.  But you can look for yourself, his twitter handle is @ericdhester6

Edited by Blue & Gold
  • Like 2

At the end of the day, the roster shows 13 players we have to believe are on scholarship, which is the limit. Maybe (and hopefully) Hester is with the team, but for that to happen, something needs to be going on with him or somebody that we don't know about so we aren't over the limit. I always thought him not being eligible until January was odd as well. He sat out a whole year last year.

It would be great if we had a good reporter to get answers to this type of stuff.

Edited by LZIp
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

45 minutes ago, clarkwgriswold said:

Another top notch Beacon article-

https://www.ohio.com/sports/20181023/university-of-akron-basketball-zips-look-to-quickly-build-familiarity-as-season-draws-near

As usual, I know nothing more about the Zips than I did before reading the article.

I want the 3 minutes of my life back that it took me to read that article.

• Haha 1

On 10/7/2018 at 6:58 PM, NWAkron said:

Taking on perennial RPI booster Cedarville!

I have reconsidered and now believe we can win against the Jackets despite the fact that they have God on their side.

According to their schedule, the contest with Akron is an exhibition game so they probably won't be trying that hard.

Akron by 14.