2018-2019

UAZip0510

16 minutes ago, Blue & Gold said:

In reading the article, I think what GT meant by the above is that the Zips now have 3 serviceable bigs (Riak, Sales, and E-man), so it will free up Utomi from having to play center.  I don't think GT meant Groce might have all 3 on the court at the same time to "free up" Utomi & Ivey for shots.

I would have liked more information on our other newbies. Toles, Cheese, Roscoe, Jackson, and Banks.  I've got so many questions about this team.

Yes, I was looking for some point guard info. (I said the 3 big guys would be in rotation...not on the floor at same time :rolleyes: but who knows)

Edited by NWAkron

Jackson makes Antino look like Bob Lanier he's so small.  

Looks like all of the same lame timeout contests are back with the exception of the nearly impossible Pizza Fire 3 point thing.  I want to sneak into the back and puncture those hippity hop balls.  I think they plan to stick with that Dizzy Sping game until someone falls and spills their brains on the JAR court.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, clarkwgriswold said:

Jackson makes Antino look like Bob Lanier he's so small.  

Looks like all of the same lame timeout contests are back with the exception of the nearly impossible Pizza Fire 3 point thing.  I want to sneak into the back and puncture those hippity hop balls.  I think they plan to stick with that Dizzy Sping game until someone falls and spills their brains on the JAR court.

Thanks, Clark.  As always, insightful.

1 hour ago, NWAkron said:

Thanks, Clark.  As always, insightful.

To your original question, I think Jackson could be very good, but it is early.  I think he'll be a defensive liability due to his size.  Teams with big guards like Buffalo has had in the past will take advantage of him.   I see him being able to push the ball like Antino, much better than say Duvivier or Noah and his shot seems as good as any of those.

54 minutes ago, clarkwgriswold said:

To your original question, I think Jackson could be very good, but it is early.  I think he'll be a defensive liability due to his size.  Teams with big guards like Buffalo has had in the past will take advantage of him.   I see him being able to push the ball like Antino, much better than say Duvivier or Noah and his shot seems as good as any of those.

Ugh.  It's like pulling teeth with you.  I sat there last night as I often do during these early games imagining the team on the floor playing Buffalo.  I then start to feel like the dizzy spin participants.

25 minutes ago, NWAkron said:

Ugh.  It's like pulling teeth with you.  I sat there last night as I often do during these early games imagining the team on the floor playing Buffalo.  I then start to feel like the dizzy spin participants.

What is it that you are looking for?  I've seen the kid play 29 minutes.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 11/7/2018 at 5:22 PM, Hilltopper said:

Christian is a very smart kid. He is already a senior academically majoring in business. Next year he will be working on his MBA. This also translates to his performance on the floor. A coachs dream.

So what you're saying is, next season Jackson could be a graduate transfer?!  Good luck, Groce in preventing a one-year-wonder! :rolleyes:

• 3 weeks later...