Jump to content
UAZip0510

2018-2019

Recommended Posts

14 minutes ago, Let'sGoZips94 said:

 

Easy there, Chicken Little. There are nearly 500 players at the DI level that have transferred. It says more about how recruiting at this level is changing than it does about our program specifically. Again, Parrish wasn't a Groce recruit. We don't know if he fully bought into the system behind the scenes. We all know about Cotton's issues. 

Sorry, losing 4 guys, 3 who played significant minutes as freshmen isn't good. If it's merely reflective of today's players and recruiting that's not good either. I have no interest in following a constant turnstile roster. Hopefully things will settle down.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The kid showed promise.  He frustrated the hell out of me for the first half of the season by coupling that promise with inexcusable mental lapses.  I think in time, he would have been a nice MAC player.  If he thinks he's a top notch player who can succeed at a place like Oklahoma, he's going to be very disappointed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is nuts. You can not build a team by starting fresh every year. Looks like we will be cellar dwellers again next year.

If you are counting on the players who sat this year, DON'T. Have never played a minute for us, you have NO IDEA what we are going to get.

And for the final touch, here comes the Tweet from K-Lac

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am only guessing, but I think there must have been a lot of friction with the coach. These guys got playing time, and none of them are good enough, based on the past year, to land on a D1 Major. So there must have been some really good reasons for them to abandon ship.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, clarkwgriswold said:

Now Wilson is a candidate for the presidency at Utah Valley University.

 

https://www.ohio.com/akron/news/local/ua-president-is-finalist-for-top-job-at-utah-state-university

 

I.....AM.....SO.....DAMN.....CONFUSED.

The continued results of poor decision making.  This would not have happened if we would have made Tressel president (I got slammed for supporting him too).  Who the f**k runs this s**t show?

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Haters gonna hate. And continue to hate.

 

Be happy if Wilson leaves because he can take his salary with him. 

 

Channel Banks and Jerome sign yesterday.  Parrish leaves today.  Coincidence?

Edited by NWAkron

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I did not care much about the news of Cotton and Patton leaving, but Parrish is a different story.

He played a lot as a freshman and he looked like he would have a very promising future in blue and gold, why would he choose to go sit out a year?

That one hurts! :puke:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, NWAkron said:

Haters gonna hate. And continue to hate.

 

Be happy if Wilson leaves because he can take his salary with him. 

 

Channel Banks and Jerome sign yesterday.  Parrish leaves today.  Coincidence?

At first I thought you meant that was all because of Wilson and I was like c'mon man :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Valpo Zip said:

I did not care much about the news of Cotton and Patton leaving, but Parrish is a different story.

He played a lot as a freshman and he looked like he would have a very promising future in blue and gold, why would he choose to go sit out a year?

That one hurts! :puke:

Technically, Eric hasn't used his redshirt year yet so he will still get to play 3 years after sitting out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, clarkwgriswold said:

 

Softball recently won a game to improve their record to 2-31-1.   :puke:

Sad when the MAC Softball Championships are held at Historic Firestone Stadium, the closest school will not be represented, except for all the Communications and Facilities personnel who will be forced to work the tourney.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

From George Thomas:

 

@ZipsMBB with two recruits in today to watch @ZipsFB scrimmage briefly. Combo G Tyler Cheese from JUCO Florida Southwest State and F @35Durantula35 (Xeryius Williams) who left @DaytonMBB last month

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ZIPS96 said:

From George Thomas:

 

@ZipsMBB with two recruits in today to watch @ZipsFB scrimmage briefly. Combo G Tyler Cheese from JUCO Florida Southwest State and F @35Durantula35 (Xeryius Williams) who left @DaytonMBB last month

 

Tyler Cheese is #52 on this JUCO recruiting site for what ever that's worth. And he's 6'-3".

 

https://www.jucorecruiting.com/2018top100rankings

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Xeyrius Williams numbers were down last season, but the year before he put up some pretty decent numbers coming off the bench for Dayton. I'm not sure if he's a grad transfer or would have to sit out a year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, kreed5120 said:

Xeyrius Williams numbers were down last season, but the year before he put up some pretty decent numbers coming off the bench for Dayton. I'm not sure if he's a grad transfer or would have to sit out a year.

 

Sounds like he was battling some injury issues-

 

https://www.daytondailynews.com/sports/xeyrius-williams-announces-leaving-dayton-flyers/sWAWyHGN9W5cJ8QitOMkcO/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cayman Islands Classic. Nov 19-21, 2018: Clemson, Creighton, Georgia, Boise State, St. Bonaventure, Illinois State, Georgia State and Akron.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, ZIPS96 said:

Cayman Islands Classic. Nov 19-21, 2018: Clemson, Creighton, Georgia, Boise State, St. Bonaventure, Illinois State, Georgia State and Akron.

 

:rock:

 

Best in-season tournament field we've ever been apart of. 

Edited by Let'sGoZips94
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ZIPS96 said:

Cayman Islands Classic. Nov 19-21, 2018: Clemson, Creighton, Georgia, Boise State, St. Bonaventure, Illinois State, Georgia State and Akron.

Coach has scheduled a AWESOME OOC tourney.

 

Now he just needs to find a team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, akronzips71 said:

Coach has scheduled a AWESOME OOC tourney.

 

Now he just needs to find a team.

Found one! :wave:

Christian Jackson

Channel Banks

Jeremy Roscoe

Eric Hester 

LePear Toles

Daniel Utomi

Jimmond Ivey

Deng Riak

Jaden Sayles

Mark Kostelac

Emmanuel Olojakpoke

 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×