2018-2019

UAZip0510

4 minutes ago, Blue & Gold said:

I got home with about 10 minutes left in the game & he didn't see the floor.  Did he play at all tonight?

A little bit. Made some mistakes, and then never saw the floor again. 

It's either they want him to learn by watching, or he's truly in the doghouse. 

Edited by Let'sGoZips94
  • Like 1

When Parrish completely blows a defensive assignment and his guy nails a wide-open three, being benched for awhile is a learning tool. Same when K-lac commits a stupid foul.

With the roster being as thin as it is, if Cotton was excelling right now he would be starting and playing big minutes at the point. And Duvivier would slide over to the 2 spot much of the time. Not only is Cotton not starting, he is losing real minutes to a walk-on. Gbadebo has his limitations, but he plays within his role. He plays sound defense, brings the ball up the court, but most importantly he protects the ball and limits turnovers. And kudos on hitting the 3pter. We are way too late in the season for Groce to be "sending messages" to Cotton. It is my opinion that Cotton is half-way out the door. As the cool kids say today, Cotton needs to get woke. Players were given 2 years to prove their potential before being let go at Illinois, but I would not be surprised if Groce is aggressively recruiting over him. 

UAZip0510 introduced us to Neftali Alvarez just the other day. I like what I see.

Note to Self: Hustle 1 is Lucas Smith and Hustle 2 is K-lac. Gbadebo is the Gwalk-on.   :)

Edited by Illini Zip
  • Like 3

22 minutes ago, Illini Zip said:

We are way too late in the season for Groce to be "sending messages" to Cotton. It is my opinion that Cotton is half-way out the door. As the cool kids say today, Cotton needs to get woke. Players were given 2 years to prove their potential before being let go at Illinois, but I would not be surprised if Groce is aggressively recruiting over him.

I was wondering the same... Benched out of uniform twice this season, broke "team rules" on a thin team.  Not smart.

1 hour ago, Illini Zip said:

We are way too late in the season for Groce to be "sending messages" to Cotton. It is my opinion that Cotton is half-way out the door. As the cool kids say today, Cotton needs to get woke. Players were given 2 years to prove their potential before being let go at Illinois, but I would not be surprised if Groce is aggressively recruiting over him. 

Well said.  In fact, in all respects, lets hope that "quality and not quantity" can become the recruiting objective again moving forward.  

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, UAZip0510 said:

Looka like we have 3 open offers:

TJ Moss - 6'4", 180 lbs, 3 star SG

Neftali Alvarez - 6'1", 175 lbs, 3 star PG.

Caleb McConnell - 6'5", 175 lbs, 3 star SG

Only 1 open scholarship on record, but maybe we have some that leave?

malcom graduating and Eubanks had a scholarship, right? 

that would be 2.  in addition to anyone leaving.