Non-Conference Future Schedules

94zipgrad

22 minutes ago, Let'sGoZips94 said:

Morgan State...? :puke:

I have zero issues scheduling a gimme every season, especially when you look at the rest of it. @  Scott Frost-led Nebraska, @ probable ranked Northwestern (with a potential 1st round draft pick at QB) and @ much improved Iowa State that we became familiar with this season.

Every other program does it. P5 programs generally have 2-3 in their OOC.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LZIp said:

I have zero issues scheduling a gimme every season, especially when you look at the rest of it. @  Scott Frost-led Nebraska, @ probable ranked Northwestern (with a potential 1st round draft pick at QB) and @ much improved Iowa State that we became familiar with this season.

There isn't a lowly DI FBS team we can whoop on instead of FCS?

2 hours ago, LZIp said:

Since the realistic season objective is to go to a bowl, we need the gimme W.

• Like 1

Akron to Play Football Series with UMass & Temple — The University of Akron football team will play a two-game series with former Mid-American Conference rivals– the University of Massachusetts and Temple University, Akron Athletics announced on Monday. UA and Minutemen will meet in Amherst on Sept. 28, 2019, and in Akron on Oct. 3, 2020. The Zips and the Owls will meet in Akron on Sept. 11, 2021, and in Philadelphia on Sept. 2, 2023. Akron and UMass have met four times in series history (2012-15) with the Zips holding a 3-1 edge, all in MAC play. Since 1967, Akron and Temple have met 21 times on the gridiron with the Owls holding a 14-7 edge.  In MAC play (from 2007-11), Temple holds a 5-0 advantage over the Zips.

August 31           at Illinois

Sept. 7               UAB

Sept. 21             TROY

Sept. 28              at UMass

Sept. 12              at UAB

Sept. 19              at Clemson

Oct. 3                 UMASS

Sept. 11             TEMPLE

Sept. 24              at Appalachian State

Sept. 2                at Temple

• Dr Z changed the title to Non-Conference Future Schedules
42 minutes ago, Dr Z said:

Akron to Play Football Series with UMass & Temple — The University of Akron football team will play a two-game series with former Mid-American Conference rivals– the University of Massachusetts and Temple University, Akron Athletics announced on Monday. UA and Minutemen will meet in Amherst on Sept. 28, 2019, and in Akron on Oct. 3, 2020. The Zips and the Owls will meet in Akron on Sept. 11, 2021, and in Philadelphia on Sept. 2, 2023. Akron and UMass have met four times in series history (2012-15) with the Zips holding a 3-1 edge, all in MAC play. Since 1967, Akron and Temple have met 21 times on the gridiron with the Owls holding a 14-7 edge.  In MAC play (from 2007-11), Temple holds a 5-0 advantage over the Zips.

August 31           at Illinois

Sept. 7               UAB

Sept. 21             TROY

Sept. 28              at UMass

Sept. 12              at UAB

Sept. 19              at Clemson

Oct. 3                 UMASS

Sept. 11             TEMPLE

Sept. 24              at Appalachian State

Sept. 2                at Temple

So in 2019 we have no FCS opponent and in 2020 we will most likely start the season with one. That seemed like the two biggest wishes from the thread on the noncoference slate this season and they are going in both directions in the next two years. 

29 minutes ago, Blue & Gold said:

Nice to have both of the most recent MAC rejects on the schedule together. Get those two and Marshall and UCF on the schedule in the same season and that's actually a pretty nice OOC schedule filled entirely with former MAC teams.

Totally OT but someone on here must know the answer.  A colleague of mine is a former MAC football player.  He says that even for home games the team stayed in a hotel the night before the game.  I said I didn't think Akron wouldn't do that because of cost.  What is the answer?

Edited by NWAkron

21 minutes ago, NWAkron said:

Totally OT but someone on here must know the answer.  A colleague of mine is a former MAC football player.  He says that even for home games the team stayed in a hotel the night before the game.  I said I didn't think Akron wouldn't do that because of cost.  What is the answer?

Pretty sure that is the case. And they do all arrive at once on a bus. They aren't driving around south campus or the dorms and picking them up in the charter one by one. ;)

Edited by LZIp

48 minutes ago, NWAkron said:

They do.  I'm no insider, but I know that, at least for one week, they stayed at the West Akron Hilton near Summit Mall.  I don't know if they stay there for every home game or if they move around.  Probably just easier for the staff to have position meetings, regulate what the players are eating & what time they get to bed if they stay at a hotel.