Non-Conference Future Schedules

94zipgrad

21 hours ago, zipsoutsider said:

I don't follow Liberty. Can you enlighten me and share exactly what was said that makes him a neo-nazi? (Or if too inappropriate, share a link) Or did he simply con comply with a leftist litmus test?

I already shared a link. I didn't call him a neo-nazi. I called him a neo-nazi apologist. You can go back and look at the link I previously posted if you want. Either way I'm done discussing it.

19 hours ago, InTheZone said:

Kreed and some others clearly want use this thread to lay bare their own politics and religious bigotry. I simply meant to talk about LU’s athletic program and what I’ve seen with my own two eyes. Their facilities and financial support are unreal, and now that they’ve hired a coach who has shown a marked ability to take multiple programs from the bottom to the top very quickly, I don’t think this is a wise scheduling decision for us. Let’s keep the discussion to football. 

It wasn't my intention to turn it into a political debate. I try to avoid those discussions on the internet and hate when I see them on this board. I was just trying to argue that I didn't think Liberty could take the next step to become an FBS power. We can agree to disagree. Time will tell which of us is right.

Edited by kreed5120
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Cykron said:

I know what you meant and I simply responded with evidence that they are recruiting rather well.  And, despite your chagrin, they seem to be doing exactly what you think is not possible.  Regardless of what any of us think about Liberty, they are building an outstanding athletic program in many sports.  

Sigh, we have years of this conversation to endure.  Perhaps we should create a "Bash Liberty" thread and keep this one to the football scheduling conversation.  

Won't be necessary. I've already stated everything that I needed to in regards to the matter. I'm not sure how finishing dead last in FBS recruiting rankings is "well", but to each their own.

They do a nice job with recruit visits. Very personalized and welcoming.

2 hours ago, kreed5120 said:

It wasn't my intention to turn it into a political debate. I try to avoid those discussions on the internet and hate when I see them on this board. I was just trying to argue that I didn't think Liberty could take the next step to become an FBS power. We can agree to disagree. Time will tell which of us is right.

Did you just want to take a swipe and expect it to go unchallenged? Just as I thought. They don't pass the liberal litmus test.Typical. Say, let's not turn this political...after they already have. What a load of crap. 

1 hour ago, zipsoutsider said:

Did you just want to take a swipe and expect it to go unchallenged? Just as I thought. They don't pass the liberal litmus test.Typical. Say, let's not turn this political...after they already have. What a load of crap. 

If anyone has tried to turn this political it would be you. None of my argument was based off of whether he was a conservative or a liberal. It frankly doesn't matter to me what political party he affiliates himself with. I'm a moderate who votes both sides of the ticket. I'm not trying to push a liberal agenda here.

I simply just brought up a comment he made and my personal opinion on how I felt it would have a negative impact on recruiting. Others disagreed and that's fine. Everyone is entitled to their opinion.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, kreed5120 said:

If anyone has tried to turn this political it would be you. None of my argument was based off of whether he was a conservative or a liberal. It frankly doesn't matter to me what political party he affiliates himself with. I'm a moderate who votes both sides of the ticket. I'm not trying to push a liberal agenda here.

I simply just brought up a comment he made and my personal opinion on how I felt it would have a negative impact on recruiting. Others disagreed and that's fine. Everyone is entitled to their opinion.

IF UA adds a back-peddling team to it's athletic program they should recruit the hell out of 5120.

Edited by Zipmeister
  • Haha 2

11 hours ago, kreed5120 said:

The fact that you called (without naming names) Trump a neo-Nazi sympathizer was political. It is your opinion, not fact, yet you treated as fact.

I’m amped we’re rebooting our rivalry with YSU.  I hope it’s not only a one-year thing.  YSU always wanted the series to be home-and-home, but UA, being FBS, nixed that. Wonder if YSU, being FCS, would simply be willing to play here every year? Also wonder if UA would agree to something along the lines of a 3-and-1 or even a 2-and-1 agreement with YSU to keep the rivalry going?

Edited by Blue & Gold

26 minutes ago, zipsoutsider said:

The fact that you called (without naming names) Trump a neo-Nazi sympathizer was political. It is your opinion, not fact, yet you treated as fact.

Sure, I can see how it can be construed as an indirect attack on Trump, but the person I was directly attacking and named as a neo-nazi apologist was Liberty's president. Personally, I feel the issue is non-political. It was mentioned in the article that few to no prominent Republicans came out in defense of the white supremacists "are very fine people" comments. I feel the consensus among Republicans would be that the neo-nazi group is a hate group and we shouldn't be condoning any acts of violence they contribute to. The same would be true for any other hate group.

40 minutes ago, Blue & Gold said:

I’m amped we’re rebooting our rivalry with YSU.  I hope it’s not only one-year thing.  YSU always wanted the series to be home-and-home, but UA, being FBS, mixed that. Wonder if YSU, being FCS, would simply be willing to play here every year? Also wonder if UA would agree to something along the lines of a 3-and-1 or even a 2-and-1 agreement with YSU to keep the rivalry going?

Last I heard is the MAC has an agreement among its members to not play at an FCS school. I'm not sure if that has changed or not because it was mentioned previously that we were contemplating playing @Chattanooga to avoid paying the Arth buyout. I personally could live with a 3 for 1 deal.

• Like 1

On 2/24/2019 at 9:11 PM, zipsoutsider said:

Since it is college football, I do think it's fair to critique the academic merits of a rival school. Does the science dept. at Liberty teach that the planet is 5,000 years old? I don't know. But if they teach that it is kind of funny. Who knows, we may schedule Antioch College in 2030, as I hear their sports facilities will be tremendous. Then we conservatives can laugh at them for teaching that Gaia or the Wind Spirit created the earth. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, scottditzen said:

Since it is college football, I do think it's fair to critique the academic merits of a rival school. Does the science dept. at Liberty teach that the planet is 5,000 years old? I don't know. But if they teach that it is kind of funny. Who knows, we may schedule Antioch College in 2030, as I hear their sports facilities will be tremendous. Then we conservatives can laugh at them for teaching that Gaia or the Wind Spirit created the earth. 

Maybe not just the science department.  Some, if not all, Baptist schools require anyone applying for admission or a job to sign a document in which the applicant agrees that the Earth is only thousands of years old.

P.S. My money is on the Wind Spirit; I think Gala is way over-rated.

Edited by Zipmeister

6 hours ago, Lee Adams said:

IMHO the folks on this site need to steer clear of religious and political discussions. Whatever your poly/religi opinions are take them to a non-sports site....please. Too much of that crap going on in other places. Go there to make your personal opinions known.

Post of the year. Or the past few, really. I, for one, visit the site to read about Akron sports. Period.

I'm not interested in a case study on the Dunning-Kruger effect.

If posters are so ductile as to be stupefied with how "welcoming" Liberty is, nothing's keeping you here. Have fun.

As some dead guy once said, its better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than open it and remove all doubt.

To (Please) get back on topic...

If Liberty wants to pony up major bucks for us to show up and house them, cool.

Our 2019 schedule is excellent. Roadtrip worthy game in Champaign in August? Beautiful. Out of conference games against Troy and UAB at home are awesome. Homecoming against Kent State? What could possibly be better? And to top it off, Buffalo and OU at home. Hopefully we're good in 2019. If so, it should be a really fun year.

YSU @ Akron in 2020? That'll be a blast. Can't wait!

• Like 1

On ‎2‎/‎21‎/‎2019 at 6:23 PM, zippy5 said:

Home and home with New Mexico State announced. 2020 at NMSU and 2022 at the Info

I love this for my own personal reasons. In high school our guidance counselors told us to have a realistic set of colleges to attend and then also apply to one "outside of the box" that you would love to attend. While most of my classmates were thinking in terms of Ivy League or Stanford or Northwestern-type schools I knew my finances would never allow for any place like that. So, my "outside of the box" school was New Mexico State. I loved what their cultural geography department offered at that time. Of course, I never even had the finances or ability to make a campus visit. I could not be happier with the fact that I attended and graduated from Akron with a degree in Geography and Planning but I have always had a strange affinity for NMSU as well.

Not sure about getting out to Las Cruces next year but I will have to be certain to be in attendance in 2022.

• Like 1

On 2/22/2019 at 8:40 AM, mivid12 said:

can any of you leftists libsplain why you're so obsessed with skin color?

I don't think anyone here in the context of this conversation stated they were either "liberal" or "leftist"; which would be projection on your part to assume everyones views on race is derived from a central identity of "left" or "right" rather than a thoughtful consideration and nuance of observation.

But you have to be woefully ignorant if you don't think skin color (which is derived from amount of producing, amount of storing storing and type of melanin) does not have an impact in our society on people.  This isn't a "left" view; it's observational fact.  And if you deny that it is...well, frankly you're kidding yourself.

1 hour ago, Balsy said:

I don't think anyone here in the context of this conversation stated they were either "liberal" or "leftist"; which would be projection on your part to assume everyones views on race is derived from a central identity of "left" or "right" rather than a thoughtful consideration and nuance of observation.

But you have to be woefully ignorant if you don't think skin color (which is derived from amount of producing, amount of storing storing and type of melanin) does not have an impact in our society on people.  This isn't a "left" view; it's observational fact.  And if you deny that it is...well, frankly you're kidding yourself.

you're "woefully ignorant" if you view the world thru the lens of skin color...and ALOT of comrades on the left do so...carry on

7 hours ago, mivid12 said:

you're "woefully ignorant" if you view the world thru the lens of skin color...and ALOT of comrades on the left do so...carry on

If you make judgements based souley on skin color you are correct, that is woefully ignorant.  But if you pretend that the color of someone's skin doesn't impact their lives and that we're all magically equal...you're definitely woefully ignorant.  I agree with you that skin color shouldn't matter, only the content of one's character should.  But to pretend that our society is not still highly impacted by radical racial tyranny and suppression that existed for generations; is just flat out sticking one's head in the sand.