Non-Conference Future Schedules

94zipgrad

On 2/27/2019 at 5:08 PM, 2Ball said:

Zips to play Michigan State September 10th 2022 according to their web site.

Hey, I see what you did there!  You tried to turn this into a discussion about football schedule!  How dare you?  ;)

14 hours ago, 94zipgrad said:

Why can’t we just talk about football? 

13 hours ago, zippy5 said:

If this thread would be "souley" dedicated to football I think we'd all be happy

Totally agree.  It's as if Akron knows their fanbase on ZNO and specifically scheduled Liberty to stir the pot.  It's been awhile since the pot had been stirred here.  :lol:

The numbers that matter from the above post.

Akron will travel to face Michigan State at Spartan Stadium in East Lansing on Sept. 10, 2022. The Spartans will pay the Zips a $1.5 million guarantee for the game, according to a copy of the contract.

Akron will open the 2022 season against the Saint Francis Red Flash on September 3. Akron will pay SFU a $330,000 guarantee for the contest, per the copy of the contract.

Also, our 2022 OOC schedule is complete.

image.png

17 hours ago, kreed5120 said:

image.png

I like that 2022 schedule!  FCS, Liberty and New Mexico State are good teams for Akron to play in hopes of getting 3-1 in the OOC schedule.  And Michigan State is one of those Big-10 teams that we can hopefully hit on a down year and have an entertaining game.  I like it only slightly less than 2020 where we play YSU.

2021 schedule is brutal...Auburn AND State Ohio in the same OOC slate.  Here's to hoping State Ohio waddles in mediocrity by the time we face them that year...and Tom Arth puts together the first Akron Zips team to win 10 games in a season.

• Like 2

What is with the burst of future football scheduling by the Akron Zips lately?  I can barely keep up!  I like the 1-2 arrangement.  They come here first; and University of Kentucky is a "name" that could draw at least some more fans than usual...and is a program we could marginally have some sort of potential parity with?  (assuming we're headed in the right direction under Tom Arth & Co).

3 hours ago, GoZips88 said:

... st. francis ... in football. JUST when I thought we were turning the scheduling page in basketball, we schedule ... st. francis ... in football. :(

If we’re going to schedule an FCS team, then by damn schedule one that doesn’t have any chance to beat and embarrass us. The average fan doesn’t know the difference between St. Francis and James Madison. FCS games should be guaranteed wins. I have never understood why any school would schedule a tough FCS game. You gain nothing if you beat them, yet sacrifice quite a bit if you don’t. 

Edited by InTheZone
  • Like 4

8 hours ago, InTheZone said:

If we’re going to schedule an FCS team, then by damn schedule one that doesn’t have any chance to beat and embarrass us. The average fan doesn’t know the difference between St. Francis and James Madison. FCS games should be guaranteed wins. I have never understood why any school would schedule a tough FCS game. You gain nothing if you beat them, yet sacrifice quite a bit if you don’t. 

Two words....Appalachian State

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...