Game 28—Miami

clarkwgriswold

Well, it's a good thing I forgot my phone in the car.  It spared you all some profanity laced tirades.  In any event, FUUUDDDDDDDDDGGGGGE!

19 turnovers...19 turnovers.  Miami had 16 offensive rebounds.  I didn't see a lack of effort from the Zips but I did see lots of bad judgment on offense.  Frustrating as hell to give one away this late in the season.  The Zips also handed Miami a home game to open the MAC tournament, potentially to face our Zips.

Virshon got to model his new specs with his fanny never leaving the bench in a game our starting point guard went 1 for 10.

The next time  Mark Kostelac: 1) tightly guards his man 20 feet from the basket; 2) leaves his damn feet on a simple fake; or 3) puts the ball on floor near the basket rather than going up strong, I WILL LOSE MY DAMN MIND.

P.S.  I'm a little pissy.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, zipfan84 said:

To me the Zips defensive intensity dropped off a bit in the 2nd half. I also think our coaches overcoached a bit. I saw at least one late possession where the team seemed confused.

They scored 17 in the first, and 34 in the second.  So, you'd think that.  But, I think it was more about intensity being hard to keep up when you're reaching 30+ minutes on the floor. 

The coaching is another story.  Blowing a 17-point lead always leaves a lot of questions.  

1 minute ago, Hilltopper said:

You guys need to get off Cotton's back. His not playing has nothing to do with disciplinary action or lack of effort. 

I hope you're right Hilltopper and I trust you are as you have good info.  It's just odd that it is on the heels of him being held out for disciplinary reasons.

5 minutes ago, clarkwgriswold said:

Count your blessings, at least for today's game.

Oh, and I'd take anyone's word over Spectrum's.

I saw today's game in person, unfortunately. Spectrum begged off since it is not their app. Communication issue between the two neither will acknowledge. I get a message that says I do not have access to ESPN, which is untrue of course.

6 minutes ago, Hilltopper said:

You guys need to get off Cotton's back. His not playing has nothing to do with disciplinary action or lack of effort. 

Can you elaborate?  I've heard it was his not staying composed after he's taken out of games after bad turnovers, etc like the BG game.  Thanks.  

14 minutes ago, skip-zip said:

They scored 17 in the first, and 34 in the second.  So, you'd think that.  But, I think it was more about intensity being hard to keep up when you're reaching 30+ minutes on the floor. 

The coaching is another story.  Blowing a 17-point lead always leaves a lot of questions.  

When your vets can't make a shot in the second half if their lives depended on it, all the while making boneheaded mistakes, questions are easily answered. There were a few questionable coaching decisions, but we had our opportunities to make baskets and didn't. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, ewbrooman1 said:

I saw today's game in person, unfortunately. Spectrum begged off since it is not their app. Communication issue between the two neither will acknowledge. I get a message that says I do not have access to ESPN, which is untrue of course.

So it wasn't just me.

I did miss the collapse, so there's that. I got it back in time for OT.

57 minutes ago, Hilltopper said:

unfortunately we have no choice but to assume the most likely scenario with no coverage of the team. I hope and believe you're right in that its not as bad as it appears. I'm not sure there is a good way in spinning getting zero minutes when dressed on a team with only 6 other scholarship players, however.

Edited by LZIp
  • Like 3