2018 Schedule Released

zippy5

2018 Akron Football Schedule

[as of May 31, 2018]

Sat., Sept. 1            at Nebraska                             Memorial Stadium | Lincoln, Neb.                   8 PM ET | FOX 

Sat., Sept. 8           MORGAN STATE                    Akron, Ohio                                             3:30 PM | ESPN+

Sat. Sept. 15           at Northwestern                        Ryan Field | Evanston, Ill.        7:30 PM ET | Big Ten Network

Sat., Sept. 22          at Iowa State                           Jack Trice Stadium | Ames, Iowa                                   TBA

Sat., Sept. 29          BYE

Sat., Oct. 6             *MIAMI (Ohio) [Homecoming]    Akron, Ohio                                             3:30 PM | ESPN+ 

Sat., Oct. 13            *at Buffalo                               UB Stadium | Buffalo, N.Y.

Sat., Oct. 20            *at Kent State                          Dix Stadium | Kent, Ohio

Sat., Oct. 27           *CENTRAL MICHIGAN            Akron, Ohio

Thurs., Nov. 1        *NORTHERN ILLINOIS            Akron, Ohio                                7 PM | ESPNU or CBS-SN

Sat., Nov. 10           *at Eastern Michigan                Rynearson Stadium | Ypsilanti, Mich.

Sat., Nov. 17          *BOWLING GREEN                 Akron, Ohio

Fri., Nov. 23            *at Ohio                                   Peden Stadium | Athens, Ohio     ESPNU | CBS-SN | ESPN3 

Fri., Nov. 30            MAC Championship                  Ford Field | Detroit, Mich.                                7 PM | ESPN2

10 hours ago, zippy5 said:

Northwestern would be a fun road trip. Cubbies are home that weekend too. Not a Cubs fan one bit but Wrigley is a blast

Visited Wrigley for the first time ever a little over a month ago. It was pretty cool. It's weird that the bleachers are separated from the rest of the stadium, though. Also got to enjoy a Cubs loss! 

Lots of televised games. I love it, especially week 1 on Fox against Nebraska. 

@Cykron should invite us all to a massive tailgating party in Ames. ;):cheers:

If you've never been to Nebraska for a football game and you have the time/money, make it a priority to get down for the opener this year.

Even though Big Red has been down for a  number of years, that fanbase is maniacal (in a good way).

Travelled out there for a game when I was enrolled at CU (when they were both still in the Big12) and that place is a great college football town.

We'll be there (and the rest of the away games this year) braving the sea of red.

52 minutes ago, ZipsVoice said:

I believe he already has....at least I got an invite on a previous thread!  Thanks again, Cykron!

Indeed.  All Zips fans are welcome (even you jerks who gripe about me being on your site).  Tons of food, drink, games.  We set up an RV on Friday morning! 

Glad to provide logistic info for anyone coming.  

I'm glad you are on this site. You have made it more informative and that's what I value most of all. Keep coming back again and again. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/6/2018 at 3:08 PM, LZIp said:

21 minutes ago, 94zipgrad said:

Two REALLY bad articles. :puke:

- Ohio can't be a CLEAR favorite to win the East when they lost it last year to Akron, who has probably gotten better and deeper. 

- Incredibly contradictory to say the Zips should have an explosive offense, yet only have us putting up 3 points in several games, and at most 17 points in other games. 

- There is no basis for these predictions other than throwing noodles at the wall to see what sticks. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Let'sGoZips94 said:

Two REALLY bad articles. :puke:

- Ohio can't be a CLEAR favorite to win the East when they lost it last year to Akron, who has probably gotten better and deeper. 

- Incredibly contradictory to say the Zips should have an explosive offense, yet only have us putting up 3 points in several games, and at most 17 points in other games. 

- There is no basis for these predictions other than throwing noodles at the wall to see what sticks. 

I mean its the MAC, so I don't expect quality reporting when it comes to it. Without looking at the new articles, I think its a pretty even 4 team race in the East this year between OU, Buffalo, Miami, and Akron. Should be a competitive season.

Edited by LZIp

• 4 weeks later...
On ‎6‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 10:17 AM, 94zipgrad said:

Well since he wants to take a "peak" at the Zips and ends it with a mention of a bowl "birth" I'm not going to put a lot of stock into his analytical capabilities either.

• Haha 3

16 hours ago, MDZip said:

Well since he wants to take a "peak" at the Zips and ends it with a mention of a bowl "birth" I'm not going to put a lot of stock into his analytical capabilities either.

I've stopped reading Hustlebelt almost entirely.  Their "takes" aren't that great.

• Like 1

More Times for Zips’ Football Games Announced

• Akron’s game at Kent State on Oct. 20 will kick off at 3:30 p.m. on ESPN+.

• The Zips will play at Eastern Michigan on Nov. 10 at Noon on ESPN3.

• UA’s home finale– Senior Day– against Bowling Green on Nov. 17 will start at 3:30 p.m. and be televised on ESPN3.

• All remaining kickoff times and television will be announced 12 days prior to the scheduled game.

• Akron opens the 2018 season at Nebraska on Saturday, Sept. 1.  The game will kick off on FOX at 8 p.m. ET.

• The Zips host Morgan State in the home opener on Saturday, Sept. 8, at 3:30 p.m. on ESPN+.

Soooooooo some games are on ESPN+ (freaking garbage) and some games are on ESPN3...well this screws Akron fans over.  Get your multiple emails read guys and gals to get your one-week-free offers to watch the ESPN+ Akron games if you're not in the area. 

What.  A.  Joke.

Screw ESPN.

11 minutes ago, Balsy said:

Soooooooo some games are on ESPN+ (freaking garbage) and some games are on ESPN3...well this screws Akron fans over.  Get your multiple emails read guys and gals to get your one-week-free offers to watch the ESPN+ Akron games if you're not in the area. 

What.  A.  Joke.

Screw ESPN.

Can you better explain?  My Watch ESPN app has ESPN+, I’ve not tried to watch a game yet but I just got on it & it list upcoming ball games

15 minutes ago, 94zipgrad said:

Can you better explain?  My Watch ESPN app has ESPN+, I’ve not tried to watch a game yet but I just got on it & it list upcoming ball games

I have not tried ESPN+ yet, but my understanding before it came out was that it was a standalone service that needs purchased and paid for monthly. I don't understand the need for a separate name from ESPN3 if not.

Edited by LZIp

14 hours ago, Balsy said:

What.  A.  Joke.

Screw ESPN.

I think Iowa State is using its game with South Dakota State for the one that is on our own Cyclones.tv network, so at least you won't have to deal with that for our game.  

15 hours ago, Balsy said:

What.  A.  Joke.

Screw ESPN.

This is what is going to happen with cord cutting. Everyone is going to offer their service for a nominal price ($5 a month isn't really much if you can watch all the normal ESPN programming too).. and then eventually we'll all want everything in one place again :lol:

3 minutes ago, zippy5 said:

This is what is going to happen with cord cutting. Everyone is going to offer their service for a nominal price ($5 a month isn't really much if you can watch all the normal ESPN programming too).. and then eventually we'll all want everything in one place again :lol:

Can you watch everything with the $5 purchase (incl. live ESPN, ESPN2, etc)? If thats the case, I agree its not a bad deal at all for all the sports you could care to watch. Still redundant for me however as I have somebody's login that I use.