Game 30—PCCC

clarkwgriswold

• Dr Z changed the title to Game 30—PCCC

Clark,  I said this about a week ago.  Any games we WIN right now would be beneficial to this team heading into next season.  That's why I don't understand why the coach blamed himself for playing the key players too many minutes recently.  We should be doing whatever we have to do to win any games right now.  Yes, we're not looking to be playing 4-6 extra games after the regular season ends, like in the past.  So, there's no reason to "save" anyone.  

Let it all hang out.  Nothing to lose.  

As a side note about Friday's game:

Nobody wants to go into the off season as the last place team in the league.  That makes Friday particularly important, as far as I am concerned. 

Edited by skip-zip

3 hours ago, NWAkron said:

We certainly deserve one good thing to happen to the Zips this season.  Funny, how we can trace it all back to that faithful week when Bowling Green came to town.

This is literally the season from Hell. We'll be better for it, though, and this won't be the norm. I'm very confident in that. 

With that being said, I was driving home from work today, and saw a dead bird on the side of the road. I caught a glimpse of its partially open beak - it had teeth. 

Let's Go Zips!

• Like 1

More award winning journalism from GT-

https://www.ohio.com/akron/sports/university-of-akron/university-of-akron-mens-basketball-coach-john-groce-counting-on-pride-to-motivate-zips-against-rival-kent-state

Funny, the Beacon called a 12 point Buffalo loss a rout but the 10 point PCCC loss was a game "could have gone either way."

22 hours ago, Let'sGoZips94 said:

With that being said, I was driving home from work today, and saw a dead bird on the side of the road. I caught a glimpse of its partially open beak - it had teeth. 

Let's Go Zips!

:lol:  

The first 2018 recipient of the ZipsNation Creativity Award.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, clarkwgriswold said:

I'm feeling a big game from an unexpected source tonight, maybe Virshon or Parrish.

I'm also curious to see the crowd.  Will the rivalry get people out or will the teams' "down" years impact the interest?

It looks like tickets are selling, if everybody shows up. Maybe the students who come for t-shirts will actually stay for the game.

image.png

Edited by ewbrooman1

I'll be there, and with a couple game-beers :CK_brew:in my belly for the first time in a while (thanks to you, noon and 2 pm start times). I'll be as obnoxious and loud as possible, and we'll see if it helps.

It would be great for the Zips to pull out this win. They've battled their asses off for the past month. That hard work has to pay off sometime. No better time than tonight against Kent!:screwks:

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Blue & Gold said:

I'm at the Akron Family Restaurant & the team's here. 

Btw, this place has the best waffles I've ever had.

Take notes Blue & Gold for future use. There is a good chance a recruit is with them. Groce has a history of making the local "waffle house" a part of his recruiting routine. It's time to get to know somebody on staff at the Akron Family Restaurant.  :D

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, ewbrooman1 said:

It looks like tickets are selling, if everybody shows up. Maybe the students who come for t-shirts will actually stay for the game.

I'm not trying to be mean, and I don't actually know at this minute where ticket sales stand for tonight. 

But, please tell me you aren't falling for the oldest ticket-selling advertisement in the book (limited tickets still available).  

20 minutes ago, skip-zip said:

I'm not trying to be mean, and I don't actually know at this minute where ticket sales stand for tonight. 

But, please tell me you aren't falling for the oldest ticket-selling advertisement in the book (limited tickets still available).  

Is there a parade you haven't rained on?

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, Illini Zip said:

Take notes Blue & Gold for future use. There is a good chance a recruit is with them. Groce has a history of making the local "waffle house" a part of his recruiting routine. It's time to get to know somebody on staff at the Akron Family Restaurant.  :D

Akron Family Restaurant is the official unofficial gathering place for UA sports teams.

• Like 1