Game 30—PCCC

clarkwgriswold

1 minute ago, clarkwgriswold said:

How does K-lac get a T and not Delarosa?

I think per the rules they had no choice but to call a T on Klac as it was a dead ball foul. Not that I don't think Delawhoever shouldn't have gotten one, however.

Edited by LZIp
  • Like 1

Some quick observations:

1)  The refs and the Kent staff should be embarrassed by what went down with DeLaRosa.  He should have been T'd up AND removed from the bench.  He was trying to stir up things from the bench and then went off in the line at the end.  No room for that conduct.  Funny how he stirs things up with guys like Cotton and Parrish.

2)   Atrocious foul shooting from the Zips.

3)   Nice leadership from the Zips vets.

4)   Nice job with the Canadian National Anthem for Duvivier.

5)   I've coached 5th graders with ADHD that had more on court awareness than K-lac.  I like the kid, but.....ugh.  

6)  Mr. Pinky does less with more than any coach in the MAC.

7)  Kudos to all of the kids on the floor except DeLaRosa for not getting caught up the emotion.

8)  GREAT WIN TO END THE SEASON!

Edited by clarkwgriswold
  • Like 2

Great win by the Zips!!   The are playing their best ball of the season.  Parish really came through with the foul shots.  He is really playing well.  I love to watch Daniel drive to the hoop.  Klac had a nice drive to the hoop in the first few minutes with no hesitation.  Next time he had a layup he used 4 pump fakes, got fouled and missed the 2 foul shots.  Not sure what happened under the basket.

Immediately after the game, Cotton looked at the Kent bench and made gestures with his face that were uncalled for, immature, and reflected poorly on the University.  He then went through the line and I think that is why DeLarosa started something with him as he went through the line.  I saw one of the assistant coaches say something to Cotton.  Hopefully, the coach will talk to him about this conduct as it is not acceptable.

4 minutes ago, 1981 grad said:

Great win by the Zips!!   The are playing their best ball of the season.  Parish really came through with the foul shots.  He is really playing well.  

You know I waited (and commented) all year, waiting for this guy to become another true contributor.  

That isn't going to make me change my "most improved player" award.  Because in his case, I  expected him to be where he is now.  It just took too long.  

Edited by skip-zip

With 3.6 seconds left I looked at the lady to my right and then at the lady to my left.  I said to both of them...I'm giving this to God.  I've been through too many crazy, awful endings.

I thought Utomi was going to get T'd up when he started clapping his hands right in the PCCC guy's face near the end.   OMG...Cotton getting in De La Rosa's face...to paraphrase a line from Hoosiers, "that's the second kind of stupid."