Game 30—PCCC

clarkwgriswold

48 minutes ago, clarkwgriswold said:

I didn't like it when it went down as I thought they should force KSU to inbound the ball on the fly without a chance to huddle and draw up a plan.  In hindsight though, and after hearing Groce discuss it and explain it gave the Zips a chance to devise a plan that didn't allow a KSU guard to get the inbounds pass on the run, I appreciate  the strategy.  If KSU would have scored, I would not be above sticking to my initial criticism!

I guess that's why I am in the bleachers while Groce is on the bench.

Don't be so hard on yourself.  

If I remember correctly, it gave Kent a free timeout because they didn't have any left?  I think that was the only thing that was questioned.  But I think you'd find that most coaches would want to talk to their players in that situation.  And you can see why, in this situation.  It was the right move.        

However, if you're on the offensive side, every coach has a different philosophy.  Some like to run the ball up the floor right away against a backpeddling defense, and others like to set up a play.   

• 3 months later...