NCAA Tourney Thread

UAZip0510

11 hours ago, ewbrooman1 said:

Is this Buffalo thread now extended to the women who just made it to the Sweet Sixteen along with Central Michigan. How 'bout those MAC women whipping the Seminoles and Buckeyes!? :D

Huge showing by the MAC women. 

The cherry on top is knocking off the 3-seed Suckeyes when the Final Four is in Columbus. 

Getting blown out by a Kentucky team that struggled with Davidson didn't help the perception either. We'll see where Kentucky's season ends, but that put out the fire surrounding Buffalo a bit. 

Any rumors of Nate Oats getting pulled away from Buffalo yet? :devil:

Edited by Let'sGoZips94

20 minutes ago, zippy5 said:

Apparently Oats asked for a deal similar to what Pitt offered Hurley and they weren't on board. If he doesn't reconsider sounds like he isn't going to Pitt. Doesn't sound like he's against getting out of UB though

Pitt is stupid then. Probably explains why they're a joke now. Oats is already more accomplished than Hurley ever was at Buffalo. 2 MAC titles in 3 years and a tourney win.

9 minutes ago, LZIp said:

Pitt is stupid then. Probably explains why they're a joke now. Oats is already more accomplished than Hurley ever was at Buffalo. 2 MAC titles in 3 years and a tourney win.

The offer would have put Hurley in the top 10 highest paid coaches. I think Oats is a very good coach but paying him a top 10 salary is a decent overpayment

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, LZIp said:

Pi$$ on Bobby Hurley. I did not realize Pitt made that crazy of an offer to him, though. Wonder why he chose ASU over them, then?

They didn't. That's my point. They were bidding against UConn for Dan Hurley. They offered $3.25MM per year, the offer went public, and now Oats wants that type of offer.

Edited by zippy5

3 minutes ago, zippy5 said:

They didn't. That's my point. They were bidding against UConn for Dan Hurley. They offered $3.25MM per year, the offer went public, and now Oats wants that type of offer.

Woops! Thanks for the clarification. I was all sorts of lost lol. Can't blame me though will all the Hurley/Buffalo talk.

Edited by LZIp

1 minute ago, LZIp said:

Woops! Thanks for the clarification. I was all sorts of lost lol. Can't blame me though will all the Hurley/Buffalo talk.

I wasn't sure if you were comparing Oats to Bobby Hurley because they each coached at UB or if you thought I was talking about Bobby lol. It's all good

10 minutes ago, dirtyolcrowe said:

Didn’t want to start a new thread but Scott Cross from UT-Arlington was fired as the Head basketball coach along with his staff.  Last 2 seasons it said his conference record was sub .500.  Getting tough to keep your job even if you have some successful post season runs. 

Wow. That's the team that smoked us in the NIT in '17, right?

37 minutes ago, LZIp said:

Wow. That's the team that smoked us in the NIT in '17, right?

Yes.  But they didn't follow that up with anything this year with 5 seniors.  But reading about the situation, it would be like if Akron fired Dambrot.

Edited by NWAkron