Game 32—EMU [MAC Tourney Rnd 2]

We're the lowest seed left in the tournament. Sure glad we don't have to face Buff or Toledo. After tonight and finally winning another road game, can we make Cleveland our home and string a few more wins together?! Go Zips, cya in the wee hours on Thursday night.

Edited by MontrealExposloveZippy

5 minutes ago, UAZip0510 said:

EMU has won 9 of their last 11...they'll be a tough out.

Even though EMU and Murphy always choke in Cleveland, they were still my pick to win in Cleveland.  Not sure we are a good match with any of the top 4, but it's March and we are at the Q where the Zips should be.

• Dr Z changed the title to Game 32—EMU [MAC Tourney Rnd 2]
32 minutes ago, Let'sGoZips94 said:

Keys to this game...

- Make our shots

- Don't let The Q be intimidating to our young guys

- Play high-energy, aggressive defense

- Ball movement, both on and off the ball, on offense

- Get into Thompson's head; this is where KLac can really shine

I agree with all of this. Klac got in his head the first time, IIRC. My guess is that Thompson gets a T at some point during this game. Need Klac to stay out of foul trouble as we'll need all the size we can to throw at Thompson.

The key to beating the zone is ball movement and hitting your shots. Here's to hoping we have our legs!

The Zips really need Malcolm's shot to come around.  He hasn't had a decent shooting game since the first PCCC game.  In the 5 games since, he is 16 of 57 (28%) from the field and 8 of 36 (22%) from three point territory.  They've also been shaky from the free throw stripe in the last two, at 29 for 47 (61%).  To keep this season going, those two things need fixed quickly.

1 hour ago, Let'sGoZips94 said:

Keys to this game...

- Make our shots

- Don't let The Q be intimidating to our young guys

- Play high-energy, aggressive defense

- Ball movement, both on and off the ball, on offense

- Get into Thompson's head; this is where KLac can really shine

Key to this game:. Score the most points :rolleyes:

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, NWAkron said:

I thought about making it a more sarcastic post, with a bold prediction being the team that has the most points at the end of the game will win. I figured I'd spare y'all the sarcasm, put some real keys in there, and leave the common sense to you or Clark (you beat him to it). :thumb:B)

5 minutes ago, NWAkron said:

I'm sure that after a 2-hour film session/coaches meeting, the coaches emerge and tell the players, "We've figured out we'll have to score more points than the other team." :lol:

Edited by Blue & Gold

16 minutes ago, clarkwgriswold said:

The Zips really need Malcolm's shot to come around.  He hasn't had a decent shooting game since the first PCCC game.  In the 5 games since, he is 16 of 57 (28%) from the field and 8 of 36 (22%) from three point territory.  They've also been shaky from the free throw stripe in the last two, at 29 for 47 (61%).  To keep this season going, those two things need fixed quickly.

He has not been as aggressive going to the hoop.  It seems like he is settling for the long 3 ball.  He needs to score more in the paint and that will get him more room to shoot the 3 ball.

FYI:   I called the University and our sections are 107 and 108.   Through Travel Zoo I was able to get two 6th row seats in 109.  There are some available in 108 but further back.   If season ticket holder, your price is $24 but will be distributed by point level. 

1 hour ago, NWAkron said:

FYI:   I called the University and our sections are 107 and 108.   Through Travel Zoo I was able to get two 6th row seats in 109.  There are some available in 108 but further back.   If season ticket holder, your price is $24 but will be distributed by point level. 

I'm guessing the Metamucil crowd won't be up for a 9 PM tip-off, so I may actually get a seat in the first 20 rows of Sec 108 107