2018 Spring Football

CDMac

Couple things, watching video it showed Robbie Kelley in an arm sling, prospectus had 13 number changes, noticed a few starting defenders not on depth chart but listed on roster Alvin Davis & Brian Bell.  Dylan Meeks moved to D-Line, more depth on D-Line than last year.  Offensive formation used with TE, if i remember right they used the H formation on prospectus last year, maybe for Chapman to be listed as a starter

Like seeing football ? news, gets the blood pumping

Edited by 94zipgrad
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, 94zipgrad said:

if i remember right they used the H formation on prospectus last year

Good eye, @94zipgrad

2017:

• TE/HB 10 Mykel Traylor-Bennett (R-Sr., 6-3, 224) 12 Darryl Long (R-So., 6-4, 235) 84 Avery Cagle (So., 6-4, 235) 45 Brandon Junk (R-So., 6-2, 229)
  • H-WR 3 Kwadarrius Smith (R-Jr., 5-9, 165) 5 Tra’Von Chapman (R-Sr., 6-1, 210)

2018: 

• Tight End 36 Kobie Booker (So., 6-0, 273) 35 Newman Williams (Sr., 6-2, 265) 13 Darryl Long (R-Jr., 6-4, 250) 24 Maverick Wolfley (R-Fr., 6-3, 225)
  • Plus the X, Y, Z

39 minutes ago, 94zipgrad said:

@CDMac what’s the kid telling you?

Haven't had time to talk a whole bunch with him yet (their schedules are rather full).

Will get a chance to download over spring break some but he's excited to be out there for sure.

He did say that they've got some new wrinkles (formations, etc.) so maybe we'll get a look at those in the Spring game.

I was hoping to get up to campus tomorrow so y'all send out the mojo for the snow to stop falling!I need a football fix :rock:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Blue & Gold said:

I was hoping to, but no.

Here's an article by GT. No details about the controlled scrimmage yesterday, but concerns restocking the OL.

UA Football: Zips begin competition to fill holes on offensive line

I'm probably just being picky, but I would really like to know the 4 players who will be competing at center and the 3 who will be competing for RT. Austin Sample, a walkon as far as I know (and listed at 200lbs), is apparently 1st string center based on the depth chart in the spring prospectus. I have a little trouble buying that.

Edited by LZIp

7 minutes ago, LZIp said:

I'm probably just being picky, but I would really like to know the 4 players who will be competing at center and the 3 who will be competing for RT. Austin Sample, a walkon as far as I know (and listed at 200lbs), is apparently 1st string center based on the depth chart in the spring prospectus. I have a little trouble buying that.

the team is on break for the rest of the month, I should be at an early April practice, I'll do me best to find out. Those listed weights, sometimes, are not accurate. When asking about a player, coach Bowden amazes me when speaking about his weight. He'll say "Player X is listed at 230, but he's at about 244 to 246 right now." He seems to know every kids exact weight, and what they are listed at. 

17 minutes ago, Dr Z said:

the team is on break for the rest of the month, I should be at an early April practice, I'll do me best to find out. Those listed weights, sometimes, are not accurate. When asking about a player, coach Bowden amazes me when speaking about his weight. He'll say "Player X is listed at 230, but he's at about 244 to 246 right now." He seems to know every kids exact weight, and what they are listed at. 

Appreciate it, Doc. Just seems like that would be a natural thing to include in an article and I wouldn't think that the coaches would want to conceal the names of players competing for positions. I also noticed on the depth chart that Bullard and Fazio are the top 2 listed at RT currently. IIRC, both are seniors who have played sparingly throughout their career. My ignorant opinion is that either one of them starting may not be a good sign. Then again, maybe one of them could put together a nice senior year.