Womens Lacrosse

ZippyRulz

• 2 weeks later...
15 minutes ago, Sergeant Zip said:

Men's Lacrosse is #1 in the nation in DII

Uhhh....club sport, not NCAA, not DII NCAA,  National Collegiate Lacrosse League, Midwest Division II.  Not trying to downplay it, but not exactly a national powerhouse.  And...what % of Zips fans are excited about this, et alone a women's team? in the  ASUN in the real NCAA DI? 

Regardless what league/organization they are playing in im appalled at the fact that the mens lacrosse team is not featured on GoZips.com and literally the only website you can find them on is http://uakronlacrosse.com/ that hasn't been updated in 3 years but yet the University doesn't mind them having an official twitter account. 
Either we Do or we Don't have an official Mens Lacrosse team.  Athletic Department needs to clear that up. 

Hell I didn't know they existed until I saw this tweet 

On 4/18/2018 at 2:21 PM, ZipsVoice said:

Uhhh....club sport, not NCAA, not DII NCAA,  National Collegiate Lacrosse League, Midwest Division II.  Not trying to downplay it, but not exactly a national powerhouse.  And...what % of Zips fans are excited about this, et alone a women's team? in the  ASUN in the real NCAA DI? 

Lacrosse is becoming a very popular sport. Its time for us to recognize and support whatever we have. 

On 4/21/2018 at 4:37 PM, dre22era said:

Its time for us to recognize and support whatever we have. 

Remember those words dre when the football/basketball season is underway and you are on one of your "Akron sucks so bad" rants....

• Like 1

On 4/21/2018 at 5:34 PM, dre22era said:

Regardless what league/organization they are playing in im appalled at the fact that the mens lacrosse team is not featured on GoZips.com and literally the only website you can find them on is http://uakronlacrosse.com/ that hasn't been updated in 3 years but yet the University doesn't mind them having an official twitter account. 
Either we Do or we Don't have an official Mens Lacrosse team.  Athletic Department needs to clear that up. 

It's not an official Twitter account. Just because they have a similar username and profile picture to the official accounts, doesn't make it an official account. It's not operated by anyone in the Athletic department.

• Like 1

• 7 months later...
On 4/21/2018 at 5:34 PM, dre22era said:

A club sport is started, coached, operated, and played by students. It's not a sanctioned sport. 

That doesn't mean that they can't be a whole lot of fun. I went to a lot of club hockey games when the team was well organized and played a regular schedule. Attendance at those games rivaled a lot of the official sports at the university. It was a great time.  But there are limits on what the university can do to support them.

• Like 2

• 7 months later...

Came across this...

https://player.vimeo.com/video/327299983

The club hockey team is playing a full league season again this year after a season of pick-up games. I enjoyed being their trainer when I was a student in 2009-12, and still catch games when I can. It's a good time, and now they're on my way home from work. 

Edited by Spin