2019 Offers

I checked out a few short clips I could find of him. He seems to be able to move the court well and has good athleticism. Not sure if he can shoot or not as all the clips I came a crossed were short clips of him dunking.

Here is a video of him taking off from the free throw line and dunking.

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, LZIp said:

I would think players we offered committed elsewhere bodes well for us landing Dos Anjos, as we've only got one spot. I've been wrong before though.

Wondering if we'll ever address backup PG....

LZip, I'm not sure what you're saying.  Are you saying that perhaps our coaching staff is so confident we're going to land Dos Anjos that they backed off these other players, or maybe even pulled their offers?

2 hours ago, Blue & Gold said:

LZip, I'm not sure what you're saying.  Are you saying that perhaps our coaching staff is so confident we're going to land Dos Anjos that they backed off these other players, or maybe even pulled their offers?

That is my uneducated guess, yes. Mostly because I hope we wouldn't be losing out on players to Lamar. Happens all the time. Maybe not so much in basketball (at least to my knowledge) but it definitely does in football. Look no further than us landing Peter Hayes-Patrick with "offers" from FSU and OSU.

• Like 1

On 4/26/2019 at 7:34 PM, LZIp said:

I would think players we offered committed elsewhere bodes well for us landing Dos Anjos, as we've only got one spot. I've been wrong before though.

Wondering if we'll ever address backup PG....

The addition of Maishe Dailey has me rethinking the point guard position. This offense can stall out bad, I mean really bad, if you don't have dynamic point guards who can "stir the drink" and force defenses to rotate. So being able to break down their defender and drive is vitally important. You can do this a number of different ways; being quick, shifty or strong. For that reason, I think Groce is going with a thunder and lightning approach like you often see with running backs. LCJ is the current lightning and 6'-6" Cheese is the thunder. I am going to say the ideal quick point guard is 6'-0" (range between 5'-10" and 6'-2"). LCJ is on the small side. And I predict there will be a new quick point guard added in the 2020 class this Fall. Maishe Dailey has played plenty of point guard for Iowa. I see him at 6'-6" taking over for Cheese for one season. Then either we pick up a new large point guard in 2021 class or maybe Mikal Dawson moves over from the shooting guard spot. Or maybe both. The ideal large guard would then be 6'-4" (range between 6'-2" and 6'-6").

Edited by Illini Zip

7 hours ago, LZIp said:

That is my uneducated guess, yes. Mostly because I hope we wouldn't be losing out on players to Lamar. Happens all the time. Maybe not so much in basketball (at least to my knowledge) but it definitely does in football. Look no further than us landing Peter Hayes-Patrick with "offers" from FSU and OSU.

Cool.  I was actually thinking the same!  Lol.

Edited by Blue & Gold

So I'm starting to wonder.. in baseball some kids will hold off on committing because the June draft opens up a lot of spots. I wonder if some kids will wait until this time of year to commit with the transfer rules the way they are and hope to get a better offer when teams start scrambling