2019 Offers

58 minutes ago, NWAkron said:

You are always down on Roscoe

This is a true statement, but not in a mean way. I had higher expectations for him coming in. Granted he came around a bit towards the end of the season. And I have always said that maybe he is showing more in practice than what I am seeing in games. If not, then I would go ahead and cut my losses now.

29 minutes ago, LZIp said:

Back up/PG of the future addressed!

I think you could be right. Watching that whole highlight video Tribble does have the ability to distribute. And he might play all three guard spots before he is done at Akron. Basketball practice at Akron keeps getting more competitive. Very exciting. Go Zips!!

Roscoe did not end up being the contributor I thought he would be when I saw him early in the season.  That being said, it was his first year of D! basketball.  He has enough offensive skills to be a contributor off of the bench.  I thunk with more experience things slow down for him, he plays more under control and becomes a spark off of the bench.

Tribble is a high percentage shooter - he made 100% of his shots in those videos! B);)

There's your Cooper. Difference maker at guard. Love how many high percentage shots he takes, whether it be a mid range jumper or layup/dunk. I think this is a big get, considering college basketball - especially in March - is guard-dominated. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Let'sGoZips94 said:

Tribble is a high percentage shooter - he made 100% of his shots in those videos! B);)

There's your Cooper. Difference maker at guard. Love how many high percentage shots he takes, whether it be a mid range jumper or layup/dunk. I think this is a big get, considering college basketball - especially in March - is guard-dominated. 

Yeah.  He appears to be unstoppable.  I think next year there really is a chance.

1 hour ago, NWAkron said:

The humor on here is always at my expense:wave:

Hold my beer...

16 hours ago, clarkwgriswold said:

Roscoe did not end up being the contributor I thought he would be when I saw him early in the season.  That being said, it was his first year of D! basketball.  He has enough offensive skills to be a contributor off of the bench.  I thunk with more experience things slow down for him, he plays more under control and becomes a spark off of the bench.

Wait, looks like Clark's holding your beer. :CK_brew:;):thumb:

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Let'sGoZips94 said:

I was thinking the same thing too. Cooper type player, and we have not had someone with hops like that since ever. Can not only help win games, can also generate some real interest in the team.

Meanwhile, as I have stated before, we only  ended the season with two D1 players, LCJ and Cheese. Anyone else can be on the chopping block to free up a scholarship, starting with Sayles, who never plays anyway.