Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Blue & Gold

2019 Offers

Recommended Posts

Akron continues to get bigger and bigger. 

 

Should they see the success of these bigger, more athletic recruits, Akron & Buffalo will separate themselves from the MAC and many other mid-majors. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If Buffalo keeps playing the way they have been, I can't see Oats returning next season. He'll have to be near the top of the list for teams searching for a new coach. It will be interesting to see what impact that would have on the Buffalo program.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, kreed5120 said:

If Buffalo keeps playing the way they have been, I can't see Oats returning next season. He'll have to be near the top of the list for teams searching for a new coach. It will be interesting to see what impact that would have on the Buffalo program.

 

Maybe the same impact as when Hurley left. 🧐

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So simply doing the math, 2 guys are going to have to transfer out after the season, being that we only have 1 senior (Ivey) under scholly. Any bets on who it might be?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LZIp said:

So simply doing the math, 2 guys are going to have to transfer out after the season, being that we only have 1 senior (Ivey) under scholly. Any bets on who it might be?

I'm not really concerned. At minimum I'd expect at least 2 players to transfer anyways. That just has become the norm for college basketball.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Screen Shot 2019-01-05 at 4.19.13 AM.png

 

 

While we are counting players and trying to figure out who is going to be on next years roster, Groce is out there trying to make it better yet. I didn't remember this guy by name, but while researching it turns out that his recruitment out of high school came down to Illinois vs Oregon and Oregon won. So he has been given the full Coach Groce recruitment effort once before. That could make all the difference. And yes, I see that Illinois is in on this recruitment again as well.

 

Here's the story. The comments are worth a read too.

https://247sports.com/college/oregon/Article/Oregon-basketball-Abu-Kigab-transfer-127219184/

 

The old story with some high school credentials:

https://www.thechampaignroom.com/2016/10/12/13264636/abu-kigab-illinois-fighting-illini-basketball-recruiting-news-oregon-ducks

 

High School highlights:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IEpML_xs4Nw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ys9PdmlGAXo

 

 

Edited by Illini Zip
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Illini Zip said:

Screen Shot 2019-01-05 at 4.19.13 AM.png

 

 

While we are counting players and trying to figure out who is going to be on next years roster, Groce is out there trying to make it better yet. I didn't remember this guy by name, but while researching it turns out that his recruitment out of high school came down to Illinois vs Oregon and Oregon won. So he has been given the full Coach Groce recruitment effort once before. That could make all the difference. And yes, I see that Illinois is in on this recruitment again as well.

 

Here's the story. The comments are worth a read too.

https://247sports.com/college/oregon/Article/Oregon-basketball-Abu-Kigab-transfer-127219184/

 

The old story with some high school credentials:

https://www.thechampaignroom.com/2016/10/12/13264636/abu-kigab-illinois-fighting-illini-basketball-recruiting-news-oregon-ducks

 

High School highlights:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IEpML_xs4Nw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ys9PdmlGAXo

 

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Interesting that we're still recruiting for 2019. Even with the recent departure of a couple of players, we're still at 13 scholarships for next year so someone still has to go. I'm not seeing anyone having the type of season that makes you think a bigger school is eyeing them to transfer so I wonder what 1-2 players "decide" to transfer down.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, kreed5120 said:

Interesting that we're still recruiting for 2019. Even with the recent departure of a couple of players, we're still at 13 scholarships for next year so someone still has to go. I'm not seeing anyone having the type of season that makes you think a bigger school is eyeing them to transfer so I wonder what 1-2 players "decide" to transfer down.

 

I nominate Mr. Sayles for the transfer down route.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×