Khadim Gueye transferring in

43 minutes ago, Let'sGoZips94 said:

Holy crap. Did we have a scholly left?

No. Unless one of the new people is walking on for a season, somebody else must be leaving. 

I have noticed on Verbal Commits, it says that Xeyrius Williams is committed without an offer. I thought it was just a dumb mistake, but that might be the extra scholly  

He appeared in 45 games, recording a total of 11 points and 38 rebounds. After logging 13 minutes at Tennessee on Feb. 13, Gueye didn’t play again in 2017-18. He was a three-star recruit who also had interest from Arizona State. 

http://www.thestate.com/sports/college/university-of-south-carolina/usc-mens-basketball/article207152904.html

1 hour ago, akronzips71 said:

So did he not play because he really sucks, or did he not play because they are a high quality program and they had better big men he could not unseat?

Rumor has it he didn't play because SC doesn't believe 7' is tall enough to be considered a big man, and he didn't have the dribbling skills to be a PG. ;)

Yeah this is interesting considering I thought we were full on scholly's. My totally uniformed opinion - Zipmeister brought up Williams' academics for some odd reason. I'm starting to think he is ineligible this year and doesn't count as a scholly?

22 minutes ago, LZIp said:

Yeah this is interesting considering I thought we were full on scholly's. My totally uniformed opinion - Zipmeister brought up Williams' academics for some odd reason. I'm starting to think he is ineligible this year and doesn't count as a scholly?

Do we not have any scholarships now for 2019?

1 hour ago, zippy5 said:

I'd assume they will stabilize in a year or two when he has a roster full of his guys and class numbers somewhat evened out

Please define "stabilize" as it relates to today's D1 Men's basketball environment.  Thanks in advance for your response.

• 1 year later...